MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

IF-Switch-sync dsp file missing. can't figure out which it is referring to...

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

thats nice!

do we need a new monitor for the next version? :lol:

no just joking. its great!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

if-switch-sync dsp is mentioned in my other threads. It's 'part' of the MOVamily.
The dsp-file is part of a kit by Wolfgang Steckenleiter/Neutron with free dsp-files for sdk. They made great contibutions to this platform with their work b.t.w. but I think anybody knows that allready. You find it in the MOVEQ+ thread (MOVamily) or in the Tubeq thread (CM2).

Martin

P.S. Hifi, as you see (strange colourchanges in CM3) your monitor will die soon but as you can see MuBaCo carries it's own screen with it so you don't need anotherone (if you like that yellow 2colour-digital-style) for MuBaCo. I'm working on a patch so that you can use MuBaCo's display as main display for your PC. Betatesting is welcome.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

hi martin,
MCCY wrote:if-switch-sync dsp is mentioned in my other threads. It's 'part' of the MOVamily.
MOVamily2, then, I assume, since I have the older package installed, of course :)
yeah, I kinda remember that there were some dsp files included, but I had no time until now...
The dsp-file is part of a kit by Wolfgang Steckenleiter/Neutron with free dsp-files for sdk.
well, I thought I had them copied, too, but that was obviously wrong :D
thanks for replying.

-greetings, markus-

ps. reread the MOVeq+ thread end. saw your expression of hope that the dsp file might hopefully included with the scope install.
sorry to disappoint you. it's not :D
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

MCCY wrote: P.S. Hifi, as you see (strange colourchanges in CM3) your monitor will die soon but as you can see MuBaCo carries it's own screen with it so you don't need anotherone (if you like that yellow 2colour-digital-style) for MuBaCo. I'm working on a patch so that you can use MuBaCo's display as main display for your PC. Betatesting is welcome.
oh Martin, thats soo great,

now in the summer my old 21" monitor is producing so much heat that its really hard to work with.
I will sell it on ebay right instantly.

I hope your display is made of high-quality. :P

wonderful free devices ...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I guess the size jokes are about the remote 'manipulation experiments' panel. I have to tell you it was deliberately made on the large side to allow Martin space to quickly/easily add more surface elements should he wish, IE- experiment :)
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Very nice work! Finally, a decent multiband compressor for scope. I like the fact that this uses a lot less DSP than the SBC thingy, and also that you can adjust the crossover points. The tube distortion on a per band basis really makes this thing sound special. I've been trying it out on different sources, and it sounds great. I can make a sax sample sound like a kick drum, or a kick drum sound like a sax sample. Less extreme applications work equally well.

Two things I noticed, one minor and the other trivial.

When tweaking parameters, occasionally loud bursts of random sound get through. Maybe this is related to using it on a 6-chip card.

*Maybe* add an option to let the user choose the background color of the LCD and the manipulation experiments panel.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

A manual would be a great thing, I think...
Crackling sound while changing parameters (I think mainly in the tube-section) is a minus for MuBaCo that's right. This will not changed, if at all, before version 2.0 I think.

B.t.w. remember that all deactivated stuff disappears as knobs. Saturation is possible with 3 modes: none, Sat, Tube = 0,1,2 You can ebable master-saturation mode on global page 2 & the knob will become visible.

Tubetype-knob (which produces clicks when changing tubetype) will only become visible &audible in sat-mode 2!

Compared to older MuBaCo versions it has now (since the new design) a very flexible DSP-concept, where all unnecessary DSP usage is disabled when disabling e.g. saturation. MuBaCo is in its basic setup relatively light on dsp! You can save even a little more when deactivating master-sat.

Satmode 1 is very DSP demanding, Satmode 2 should be lighter.
Turning on 12db filter uses more DSP, and softknee modus is also heavy on DSP. To save DSP compared to standard-softknee-mode use members (CM1 & 2) of MOVamily in signal-mod-slots.

Martin
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Well, great work, I will be using this a lot. And immaculate graphics, Shroomz, as usual.
microraver

Re: MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Post by microraver »

Hi,

I just found this and at first test , i like it but in the presets there is varcomp en varcomp2 preset,when i use this MUBACO is asking for CM2.mdl and EnvFoll.mdl and IF-Sync-switch !

Where can i find this?

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
microraver

Re: MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Post by microraver »

microraver wrote:Hi,

I just found this and at first test , i like it but in the presets there is varcomp en varcomp2 preset,when i use this MUBACO is asking for CM2.mdl and EnvFoll.mdl and IF-Sync-switch !

Where can i find this?

P.L.U.R
OK i found it, just had to read more !

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium