VINTAGE LOVE WARMER 2.0beta (much overworked)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---presets---

This is a very important thing!!! I wonder why only few complained about that so far..
Make a preset file (save it with opening the preset-window) in the scope-preset-folder. It's important to name it exacly like the file which it searches!

Martin
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MCCYRANO wrote: I wonder why only few complained about that so far..
me too :)
Make a preset file (save it with opening the preset-window) in the scope-preset-folder. It's important to name it exacly like the file which it searches!
eeek. that works, yes, and maybe most people already took the time once to workaround it, but it's a bit ugly. maybe it's a general problem in scope (I don't use presets that much), but if there was a way to be free to name the default preset, I'd be much happier...

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Load the device in SDK, set another preset-file and save the device ;)

sorry, I had to say that

Martin
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MCCYRANO wrote:Load the device in SDK, set another preset-file and save the device ;)
according to all I read there is no way to load the sdk even if I scraped together all my DSPs, since they are spread a bit unfavourable...
a stripped down version for the 6 DSP card could do wonders here... :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Try this device out on the Pro-12. Set Pitch to +3 or +4, 1/2>2/3 Main & EQ SAT, 1/4 > 1/2 EQ Drive, In Gain 0dB, EQ Gain 10 - 19dB, tweek Q-factor (keep in bottom 1/4), tweek Freq' depending on source material (Pro-12 preset in this case). Then mess with the Pro-12's OSC tuning & poly mod section set to modulate PW & Filter. ok ok I'll shut up, just mess around & I guarantee satisfaction :wink:

Hats off to MC, as it's easy to get this to sound really special with a little tweeking (and that's without anything inserted) It makes a difference if you set up a decent Pro-12 sound and don't just use the first usable preset that comes along.
widy

Post by widy »

i tried this monster out last night .... it's realy nice .. thx a lot :-)
lg widy
UsedManateeSalesman

Post by UsedManateeSalesman »

very nice. turns even ez-synth into quite a beast. also sounds nice if you put a resonator in the insert/sidechain position. Unfortunately I don't think I'm getting levels right into it, but I guess if the outcoming sound is good then it doesn't make that much difference.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

UsedManateeSalesman wrote: Unfortunately I don't think I'm getting levels right into it,
Hi, can you explain that in more detail? Do you think the input levels are wrong?

cheers!!
UsedManateeSalesman

Post by UsedManateeSalesman »

I don't think the inputs are wrong. I think that *I* am not putting the right levels in. In general, it seems like some things in scope put out lower level than expected, I'm not used to having to crank up the gain on the mixer channels, but oh well.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

UsedManateeSalesman wrote:I don't think the inputs are wrong. I think that *I* am not putting the right levels in.
Ah, ok !!!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Just have to say Martin that I really love this plug !! Depending on the pitch parameter settings, I can make this thing talk just by tweeking the EQ frequency parameter.... GREAT STUFF !! :)
emphazer

Post by emphazer »

yeah i agree that plugin is very nice
didnt know it before
thanks
lovenara

Post by lovenara »

hi
i loaded it and it said couldnt find sattekuh.pre
and i had no idea what that is.
In the zip there re only 2 devfiles
thnx
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

lovenara wrote:hi
i loaded it and it said couldnt find sattekuh.pre
and i had no idea what that is.
In the zip there re only 2 devfiles
thnx
That's just the preset file which doesn't exist and you don't need it. Next time you open it click OK and then use the Preset icon on the GUI to save an empty preset list. Next time you open the device you shouldn't get that message.
sharc

Re: VINTAGE LOVE WARMER 1.2

Post by sharc »

I see this is back where it belongs on page one 8) Also that I never said thanks for it :oops:

Still one of my favourites. Awesome effect. Thanks Martin :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just tried this after storing it for months and agree this is another Flu-Liq, as far as it's strength and the way it can be used.

It makes the Wurlitzer EP sound so UnVirtual it's ridiculous. I often need to play hardware to make sure my ears haven't forget the presence of the instruments we emulate and perform on. I jammed on a real one at the gig I'm doing this week and haven't played a real one for years, and as soon as I got home I loaded mine and was shocked at the difference, but quickly tweaked with this device and got the same sound going.

I definately saved it in it's own project as it was only 25 minutes after I played it that I raced back home to do an A/B and we are definately spoiled by such fine free devices as this.

The pitch thingy is way cool too.

Try Celmos Leslie emu w/ this on a real guitar.

For me, it will be a permanent frixture on my Wurlitzer, as Flu-Liq has become on my Rhodes.

Long Live MCCY.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Well, I can say that in combination with PsyQ and Optimaster this adds such WARMTH to my current project that I don't see how I will do without it from now on!

This is indeed beautiful work, Mccy :)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

it look sgreat.. but i still dont know what it does?? :cry: :-?
dawman

Post by dawman »

It cooks whatever you put into it, rare, medium rare, medium, well done, and very well done.

Those miniature knobs lower left center can detune the process for adding a little fat too.

Try it on electro mechanical instrument emulations like clavinet, wurlitzer, rmi, rhodes, collussus, seventy three, etc.

It really works well replacing that transistor sounding overdrive on the B2003.
MCCY

Re: VINTAGE LOVE WARMER 1.3 (preset handling improved)

Post by MCCY »

Better preset-handling for jimmy!