NuLim (only mono so far)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

NuLim (only mono so far)

Post by MCCY »

NuLim is a new Limiting algorithm. NuLim has a very different circuit compared to all my other compressors. Nice thing is, that you just have to turn one knob to get the desired sound... but you can also influece 3 other soundshaping values if you like to.
Attachments
NuLim.zip
(279.46 KiB) Downloaded 1012 times
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I really like this one Martin, I find it really sounds good, I really can't hear much distortion or anything in it, even when pushing the gain all the way up.
Could you finish it please??? A stereo version will be great and could you explain exactly what the mod knobs do? I can hear the sound changing, sounds like some sort of filter. I just happen to be on the lookout for a new limiter these days and this sounds like it could be it.
Oh yeah, the knobs are cool looking to, those ones you made in blender?
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

thanks I'll try it out.

keep them coming.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Could you finish it please??? A stereo version will be great and could you explain exactly what the mod knobs do?
In the last two weeks I had kind of an explosion in my head. After some time with not many ideas, now it comes all of a sudden & all together. So give me some time to really finish all (some of) these ideas. I have had even an idea this morning to further improve NuLim.

So there is in actual developement:
- FluLiq
- (bass) synthesizer with Guitar/Bass2Synthesizer detection
- of course expanding modules for the soundcore of that synthesizer
- frequency detetion-module/a MIDI output device for monophonic audio analysis
- private realisations of step-sequencing-stuff + ideas to get a samplebased stepsequencer like those old drummachines
- experiments with single-string-coil-pickups for polyphonic synthesizer play with a guitar
- hyperMOVEQ+ with many new things - I think about a complete rebuild!
- hardware EQ-emulations
- NuLim, MaLim, NuCo, NuMuCo, NuBa, NuBaNuCo = Complete series of Nu dynamic & sound tools

You see... I'm totally XITED and it will take TIME to take these new things finished. In this situation I will change my "normal" way of letting you do all the betatesting from the beginning, as it would simply be too much for me keeping you up to date with all those developements which really depend on each other. For me there is a strong "roter Faden" between all these developements & when inventing something new in one device it makes several changes elsewhere!

Martin
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I understand, what you are going through. I'm definately looking forward to a finished version of this limiter especially though, oh well, I'll wait patiently, thanks for all the work you are putting in to making these devices for everybody.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hyper-MOVEQ ?? Now you're talkin' :D
borg

Post by borg »

sounds like even more exciting times are coming!

Aren't you forgetting Gustaf in your list? :D
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Forgot GuStaf, yes. As I said, I needed Pitch detection... now I have it & those dymamic toys will help me too... phew, thats really much on the list. I wish I had more time!