MOVEQ+ FREE

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

Post by MCCY »

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT !!!!! :) :) :) I LOVE YOU ALL ;) ;) ;) We could marry and you'd get it for free.
I'm quite surprised that so many are intersted, so the experiment is a very interesting one ;)

Martin
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MCCYRANO wrote: @kylie: I won't fix the button - crackle. It's not unusual with Scope plugs & you benefit from the DSP - release. It's just not meant for live usage to hit that buttons. Sorry.
maybe it's not unusual, but why not making it better than others? :)
I already had such experience with other devices before, but in moveq+ it's stronger than in any other device (I tested). I still dream of a soft-split sequence triggered by that button (whatever an implementation would look like).

it's then worth at least a hint in the manual, like _don't press this in live situation or whenever gain is up high, since it can result in loud crackles that could damage your monitors._ I think such hints are a good point to start with the manual, anyway. :)

concerning the marriage... sorry, but you're about three years late. :P

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Hi MC,

I played around with the M_EQ for about an hour or two and had some interesting results....

I wouldn`t use it for classical EQ tasks..... I find the plug_in useful for different tasks....

(1) it can dramatically alter a sound in a very unusal way, which is nice ! -> some kind of sound designing plug-in
(2) and its a very nice distortion fx to clip specified bands, which I also like very much because I can achieve a more analog sounding distortion fx than with the standard CW overdrive or CW distortion.
And due to the fact that it is a dynamic plug-in it sounds different with different input which makes it more alive and also more analog....

maybe I`ll upload some demo sounds....

I think its worth a buy for 30€ ....

I think there was less feedback due to the fact that this forum was upgraded at the same time...
MCCY

Two 'unusual' experiements with moveq

Post by MCCY »

Two (very bad guitar playing-was just a test) demo mp3s attached for nice PHASER-EFFECT & autoWAH.

Ah, sorry they are too big... will add them in the music section...

You should use it for normal EQing too because it sounds very lively in any case, but for sure Hifiboom is right and you can do some weired sounddesign as well...
listen to attached files. Played a very bad loop in LOOPlay and played live with the knobs on MOVEQ+.

Martin
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Well, I finally did some testing of this last night (only the two band version) and I'm still in as a definite! :)

No bugs found - all seems to be working nicely.

What a cool device!

Ben
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ben, when you get time, try out the 8-band version with all 4 saturation levels at 80-90% (even if you don't need all 8-bands). What a sound!!! I'm totally hooked on the sound I can get out of these beasts. There's a lot more sound sculpting potential in them than I could've possibly imagined when Martin first released 'MOVknott'. The possibilities are mystifying, but you really start to get a feel for them quite quickly. I'm gonna be using them A LOT for sure because they sound totally incredible. I can get just the right sort of bounce & squelchiness that I'm after for making dance & electronic music. (very technical description, I know :¬P) I'm sure geeetar players will get into this too, because it's one squelchy mother when you want it to be. Even if it hadn't had the gui remade, I'd have used this for it's sound shaping & sculpting abilities, which are not like ANY other eq we're likely to have the luck of aquiring in the near future imo.

I must state that I'm not saying any of this to sell Martin's device. In fact, on the contrary, Martin still can't decide whether or not to give you all these devices for free or not !! I kinda hope he doesn't though, because these are killer devices which are easily worth at least double what Martin's thinking of charging.

(did I just say 'squelchy mother' ... oh dear, sorry) [/filthy mind]
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Shroomz wrote:Ben, when you get time, try out the 8-band version with all 4 saturation levels at 80-90% (even if you don't need all 8-bands). What a sound!!! I'm totally hooked on the sound I can get out of these beasts. There's a lot more sound sculpting potential in them than I could've possibly imagined when Martin first released 'MOVknott'. The possibilities are mystifying, but you really start to get a feel for them quite quickly. I'm gonna be using them A LOT for sure because they sound totally incredible. I can get just the right sort of bounce & squelchiness that I'm after for making dance & electronic music. (very technical description, I know :¬P) I'm sure geeetar players will get into this too, because it's one squelchy mother when you want it to be. Even if it hadn't had the gui remade, I'd have used this for it's sound shaping & sculpting abilities, which are not like ANY other eq we're likely to have the luck of aquiring in the near future imo.

I must state that I'm not saying any of this to sell Martin's device. In fact, on the contrary, Martin still can't decide whether or not to give you all these devices for free or not !! I kinda hope he doesn't though, because these are killer devices which are easily worth at least double what Martin's thinking of charging.

(did I just say 'squelchy mother' ... oh dear, sorry) [/filthy mind]
exactly Shroomz,

I`m also mainly in electronic music producing and I like the sound shaping possibilities of these tools.

Raise the bass band (low section), add some saturation and you got a nice drumloop warmifier....

Do the same to the highs and you get a nice clean 303 disstortion unit with an more authentic sound.

And so on.,...

I wouldn`t even call it an EQ, its more an analog valve soundshaper processing fx or something like this...

:)
best regards
from Bavaria
redfishaudio

Very nice

Post by redfishaudio »

Very slick indeed!!

And a comprehensive manual too!!!

I look forward to trying this out soonish.

JRS
manu

Post by manu »

MCCYRANO wrote:
This may have various reasons. It may be, that you have a high input and distort the first EQ- module in the 2EQ-groups. So you'd better lower your input a bit.

I hoped that you'd be more detailed on pointing out that phase problems you mentioned in another thread. It's O.K. if you prefer another EQ over MOVEQ+ if MOVEQ+ does not what you want.

About distortion,i have used the 8 band on my mix http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20413.
I will upload ,soon ,a preset file with my settings.distortion and phase test.

About phase problem,only switch to mono and you will understand what i mean :wink: As i have written, if you vary a freq,you can't make differently.
I have listened your test and i like autoWah sound.That's nice :wink:
But i don't like this kind of distortion.

It seems that MOVEQ+ is not mastering tool,it's ,like Hifiboom has written, a sound design plugin.So,there is no problem and i was wrong to think that it was possible to do a good mastering with this plugin.

Manuel
MCCY

MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by MCCY »

Hi Manuel!

I'm very happy, you respond again, so we can discuss it and see what are facts & real problems & what not.

I don't see the point, why MOVEQ+ is no mastering tool. Yes, it can produce some weired effects, but it also produces perfect mastering sound if you want it to.
With MOVEQ+ you won't get any distortion when you set it right. With the meters you get some good possibilities to see clipping after each 2 EQs. When you clip the first of the two, you won't see that peak on the meter necessarily. If you hear distortion simply lower the input (or output of previous 2EQ-group) and raise the output gain. The distortion will disappear.
If you like distortion, you can for sure raise the levels to kill that saturation circuits until you get some real distortion like hifiboom did. No problem, but that's a special thing. I did not thought of anybody liking that kind of distortion ;)

I'm looking forward for your presets, and will tell you how to avoid the distortion while achieving same sound. We'll see.
About distortion,i have used the 8 band on my mix http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20413.
I will upload ,soon ,a preset file with my settings.distortion and phase test.
As I said, I will tell you how to set your preset, to get no distortions :)
About phase problem,only switch to mono and you will understand what i mean As i have written, if you vary a freq,you can't make differently.
I used two identical input signals and used my phasetest device on the post-insert. I switched it on and the sound disappears 100% there is nothing left to hear as with every device which has no phase problems. So let's wait till you bring in your presets or anyone else sees these phase problems. This would be really nice, if you point them out, so I could correct it, if there were some. Just report your settings here, so that I can see where the problem may be. Simply setting to mono (doing phasetest with putting an identcal signal to L&R and then phaseinverted mixing L&R out)) is nothing which shows me that there could be a problem because I could not reproduce it.

But as said before: I'm open for any critic and bug and ... and ... If there is a real problem it will be corrected OR clearly pointed out that there is a problem :)
I have listened your test and i like autoWah sound.That's nice
But i don't like this kind of distortion.
Autowah has been run through Dynatube (that's the distortion in that example b.t.w. so that nobody gets it wrong ;) ).
It seems that MOVEQ+ is not mastering tool,it's ,like Hifiboom has written, a sound design plugin.So,there is no problem and i was wrong to think that it was possible to do a good mastering with this plugin.

It can be used as a masteringtool OR a sound design plugin both is possible. It depends on your settings and aims ;)

Martin[/quote]
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

comments deleted as requested by Martin & Eric from DAS.
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MCCY

MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by MCCY »

peace
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

deleted
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

deleted as per request
Last edited by Shroomz~> on Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by MCCY »

deleted
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

edited
Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by MCCY »

deleted
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by MCCY »

deleted
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
digitalaudiosoft

Re: MOVEQ+ discussion

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

edited
Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

agreed
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.