Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

For all the non-german-speaking:
We're discussing 'bout manuals in other languages.
We could need some chinese etc. ... input here :wink: Can this forum display those typos?

Martin
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

On 2006-10-19 15:08, katano wrote:

wär' dir sächsisch, altsächsisch, mittelniederdeutsch oder niedersächsisch lieber? :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: katano on 2006-10-19 15:15 ]</font>
If you do those, I'll do the Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic versions.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thought it might be worth mentioning that the manual isn't finished yet, so it would be prudent to hold off on translating it. :smile:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

wär' dir sächsisch, altsächsisch, mittelniederdeutsch oder niedersächsisch lieber? :wink:
ich kann multi-dialekt :smile:

ick komm ja nisch urspruenglisch aus saxen, wa.

orber isch gann des ooch inzwischn nisch nur verschdehn, sondern misch ooch ardiguliarn.

ich hab jemand an der hand, der auch hartes erzgebirgisch spricht. falls da bedarf bestuende... :grin:

ich las hier auch von fraenkisch. das klingt jedenfalls sehr nett. aber es enthaelt worte wie gigalawaggerln, und wer jemals rausgefunden hat, was das heisst, und auch warum (als nicht-franke), wird mir zustimmen, dass das manual nur franken wirklich verstehen wuerden :smile:

-gruss, markus-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kylie on 2006-10-20 05:11 ]</font>
katano

Post by katano »

das tönt doch scho mal super. es bitzli züri-dütsch wär au nöd schlächt so für zwüscheddure. solangs nöd en bayrische dialäkt isch, spillts mer eigentlich kei rolle :grin:
katano

Post by katano »

sorry... may we should come back on topic :roll:
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

mio nonno diceva:
i sardi non sono sottosviluppati...
sono sviluppati sotto....
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

That's how google translates djmicron:

my grandfather said: the Sardinians are not underdeveloped… are develop to you under….

mein Großvater sagte: das Sardinians sind nicht unterentwickelt… sind sich entwickeln zu dir unter….

My conclusion: I wouldn't run the MOVEQ-manual through it.

B.t.w. Are there some points with MOVEQ+ which are really difficult to understand? Some general problems concerning usage which need to be formulated clearer in whatever language? I (and I bet shroomz too) will try
to give answers here for sure!

Martin
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

:lol:
it's a joke

the sardinians are not underdeveloped

they are developed under
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

That's what even google-translation made clear to me :lol:
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Hi!
I thought I would get more feedback this way.

Seems kylie is the only one who intensively tested MOVEQ+ and it's abilities and weak points (which will be corrected in case where they were reproducable and problematic for usage in any way). Thanks for your PM-input..

No bugs, no problems concerning the sound/the aim of the plug reported. No phase-issues, no strange sounds, no unwanted/unexpected clipping or anything... Now could be the time to correct it. O.K. I didn't find anything like that either so far ;)

But O.K., we allready spent weeks to sort all this out, so this seems as it was worth the work.

No comments on abilities of MOVamily, which disappoints me a bit! No freaky usage of MIDI-4-kick which is in my opinion absolutely revolutionary.. No other ideas for MOVamily? Hm. I'm just wondering...

There was a question concerning the price: Our aim is 30€ :) , and yes, I know that it is worth 100€ + X. We wanted to start an experiment, if extremely low-priced high-end plugs make people run on the cw-shop (I guess not though... Nobody runs at the testversions either ;) I wouldn't mind to make it freeware, cause I won't make real money with it anyway, but 30€ is nothing which hurts anybody anyway, so why not doing this little experiment?!)

I could ask a question directly - would be interesting to know how many in this forum are interested... Who would be interested in buying MOVEQ+ for 30€?
Who won't do it because it has some special behavior/sound/quality... he/she does not like? What is that special reason ;)

Martin
Janni

Post by Janni »

Take it that way: no reason to complain!
I wasn´t able to test it so far, but I will buy it for 30 Euros!
Just can´t imagine that it sounds bad :-)
Cheers,
Jan
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'd probably buy it, i haven't been experimenting much lately, but that can change in a hurry...
manu

Post by manu »

MCCYRANO wrote:Hi!

No bugs, no problems concerning the sound/the aim of the plug reported. No phase-issues, no strange sounds, no unwanted/unexpected clipping or anything... Now could be the time to correct it. O.K. I didn't find anything like that either so far ;)

Martin
Hi,

Like Kylie,i have tested MOVEQ+ because i need a dynamic eq ,but, there are phase problems on this one,anyway ,you can't make differently when you vary a frequency and a Q.
Another problem, i'm using Wavelab 4 with asio 24 and i can hear distorded sound at -3 db on a mix.Is this desired ?
like Hifiboom , i prepare some test wich i'll upload on my website.
Concerning the price,sometimes,it's better to pay expensive to have quality.
I find the design very nice but it's not enough for me.(i find it more beautiful than Dynpara M/S :-) ).
But i could pay 30 euros to support devellopers !

Manuel
katano

Post by katano »

MCCYRANO wrote:Hi!
I thought I would get more feedback this way.

Seems kylie is the only one who intensively tested MOVEQ+ and it's abilities and weak points (which will be corrected in case where they were reproducable and problematic for usage in any way). Thanks for your PM-input..

No comments on abilities of MOVamily, which disappoints me a bit! No freaky usage of MIDI-4-kick which is in my opinion absolutely revolutionary.. No other ideas for MOVamily? Hm. I'm just wondering...
Martin
Problem is: no time here at the moment. have a lot of plugs in my test queue, and not only plugs from you... sorry...
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Count me in as a definite. Sorry for lack of feedback, but I will definitely buy it at that price.
Ben
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MCCYRANO wrote: Seems kylie is the only one who intensively tested MOVEQ+ and it's abilities and weak points
and I mainly concentrated on the gui and not really on what it sounds like...
well, but there seem to be a lot more people who care _more_ for that than me anyway, so it might me not too bad to make the listening experience even more usable and intuitive to operate for those. yes, I'm different, I know :D
No freaky usage of MIDI-4-kick which is in my opinion absolutely revolutionary.. No other ideas for MOVamily? Hm. I'm just wondering...
I like the lfo much. it's selfexplaining capabilities are sufficient even for me :D
I hope there's more to come like that. no, I didn't play with the kick. but I promise to. give us some more, and make it a MOVodular :D
btw. I agree with shroomz that led in the kick is misplaced.
There was a question concerning the price: Our aim is 30€ :)
hallelujah. we've been heard. count on me. but care for the split-button spikes...

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
pling

Post by pling »

i'll buy it, but probably not before xmas ;)
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Like Kylie,i have tested MOVEQ+ because i need a dynamic eq ,but, there are phase problems on this one,anyway ,you can't make differently when you vary a frequency and a Q.
Another problem, i'm using Wavelab 4 with asio 24 and i can hear distorded sound at -3 db on a mix.Is this desired ?
This may have various reasons. It may be, that you have a high input and distort the first EQ- module in the 2EQ-groups. So you'd better lower your input a bit. I think it's nice in MOVEQ+, that you can correct gain after every 2 EQs. That should be enough. B.t.w. Wolf has made a GREAT solution on monitoring after EVERY EQ in his EQ. Superb work! I b.t.w. like wolfs devices very much. Just pure clear information about what they do and what you will get for the price.

We should get more detailed on that. You will do so in your test I think - after I released that device ;) - Maybe you'll give me another little hint before it's in the shop ;) . Na, maybe I should make it freeware anyway :)
Anyone else discovered distorted sound at -3 db ?
like Hifiboom , i prepare some test wich i'll upload on my website.
Concerning the price,sometimes,it's better to pay expensive to have quality.
I find the design very nice but it's not enough for me.(i find it more beautiful than Dynpara M/S ).
But i could pay 30 euros to support devellopers !
Thanks for your feedback. I hoped that you'd be more detailed on pointing out that phase problems you mentioned in another thread. It's O.K. if you prefer another EQ over MOVEQ+ if MOVEQ+ does not what you want.
Anyway ,you can't make differently when you vary a frequency and a Q.
Interesting. I say no EQ device is perfect concerning phase (I've heard none on scope. Every device which changes sound changes phase in a way.), but I can say that MOVEQ+ does not have any phase imperfectness compared to all other EQs on this platform. You talk about "problems" so you may think of something else, which would be nice to be described further.

The point for me is, yes, if you make a high Q and move frequency you get the most beautiful Phaser on scope platform ;) . This effect become audible because of the movement, I don't know if it's 'real phasing' at all - you are right, but it is in Parametric stock EQ and any other which makes high Q-values possible too. Try it out: set high Q & move values - when you not move them it's there too, you just won't hear it before adding many of them.

I'm looking forward for your tests. Nice of you, that you'll spend space on your webside for that. You could post it & describe it first, but that's up to you. Your information about that is quite rare up to now :)

I hope you tested your EQ of desire intensive enough . It seems just perfect for you, as you pointed out in any single mail that you wrote on planetz. So I'm happy for you :)

MOVEQ+ for sure is not the best EQ on the planet, but may I wonder a bit, that you are so keen on comparing it to a specific other EQ many times now, without getting detailed? No, it makes no sense. You have a reason: You're looking for an EQ that does just exactly, what the other does, so I understand the way you handle that. MOVEQ+ does some great other things - if you don't need them it's 100% O.K..

Every bugreport, hint, critic, wish etc. is welcome. I hope to get more input (this is why I 'complained' about few comments) (I got it allready) and (you know me) I like argumenting about everything. I want to show you this EQ as it is. (And it is very very cool the way it is.) And I like to hear any critical point from any single user, because in the end good information, usage-manners, arguments, ears & facts count!!

Thanks

Martin

@kylie: I won't fix the button - crackle. It's not unusual with Scope plugs & you benefit from the DSP - release. It would be more dsp-usage to workaround that. It's just not meant for live usage to hit that buttons. Sorry.

I could disable the DSP-release-functions to get less break in audio stream. I many others want that it should be done!
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.