SpaceF-BLACKBOX II, BIOSC etc...

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

http://www.spacef.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-04 19:56 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

pics will be updated...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-27 06:05 ]</font>
deejaysly

Post by deejaysly »

mehdi, i have sent you a private message.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deejaysly on 2004-11-24 11:14 ]</font>
MaoMusique

Post by MaoMusique »

Image Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaoMusique on 2004-11-24 12:11 ]</font>
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Hi Mehdi,
can you tell us a little about Echo v34? I have to decide whether to just buy the black box, or go for the Echo v34 upgrade as well. Can't find anything about the Echo upgrade on the site.

Cheers,
Ben
deejaysly

Post by deejaysly »

Ben, I am guessing in advance of Mehdi's reply to your question and going by the Comparison chart on the blackbox site...

I think the echo V34 is the echo 3 + a load of his special filters and some improvements/small fixes aswell?

The main difference is it coming as a package now (with his special filters for the satellite inserts).
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

Hi there,
sorry for the lack of answer sooner, but I am still a little bit buzy (adding one synth to all packs, modifying an another one).

The echo update is various versions of echo, in an attemot to make lighter or more efficient devices (see posts below, there are more info+pics). Basically it is optimized to use with new filter satellites. The satellite insert slots now point to a specific "Echo Sat" sub directory in the mono effects. The Midi Filter is also part of the update, allowing to use the filters for other effects than echo filtering.

All prices are now in USD, not only to benefit us, but most european countries too. website prices show euros, but it is in dollars (see on shareit.com).

I also updated the shipping method on the order pages : small packs/echo update = by email, whereas the big packs (more than 45 mb) are sent through postal mail.

I will update the info and add help pages in the future. Right now, I am adding 2 synths which integrate some of the satellites in their circuitry. Those ones are made only because they allow the best compatibilty with the freeware versions of synthetic, except the oscillators which are replaced by slots.

I will post pics of the last synth and may be will make more filter demo available (not sure).

See you.

Mehdi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 09:34 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

by the way, is euros really cheaper for the UK ?? i tried with currency converters and I found it was cheaper (dollar prices = cheaper euros, and I think you can choose euros as a currency ???? for ex full pack was 167 euros : now it is 167 usd wich is 137 euros approx - and you can choose to pay in euros so I think it is ok???) I will check again when all is done. If you are in doubt, I advise to wait a few days before registering until I sort out this GBP/Euro conversion thing.

Thanks

mehdi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-27 04:47 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

Updated order info

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-04 19:56 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

splendid GUI design, amazing :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2004-11-28 21:22 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

Thanks Hub, but with the current demos, i agree not much has been heard yet.. :smile:

Changes to Echo family :

- Echo 32 : The echo34 in the demo pack is renamed Echo 32 : same as before with corrected satellite in order to point top the right folders (just the "34" text has been changed to "32").

- Echo 33 : same as above, but the disruptor has been replaced by a gain pre-dual delay.

- Echo 34 : (picture hereunder) same as 33, but doesn't have any Pitch modulation control. Inserts are placed on the face of the device. This allows to save a small amount of memory/dsp (in the 3, 32, 33, when pitch mod is off, there is no difference from when it is on, but the 34 allows to remove a few other parts such as switches or visualization modules).

Each of these versions come in every possible ulli settings (which can be modified manually anyway).

All echo versions added to any pack including Echo.
All echo packs (upgrade or not) include the Midi Filter, in order to use the satellite filters with any sound sources.

All echo sat (same as R7 and Midi Filter Specials, but with an "ec" extension in order to satisfy Scope Search pop up (with the ec extension, SFP will always load the relevant version. Also, the es versions have parameters which load with right values for echo, or you won't hear anything. The R7 and Midi filter Special filters, you will find the same filters, but with different default values, so the effects are heard as soon as loaded). The Midi Filter accepts R7/Echo sats and SDX formats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 19:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 19:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 19:48 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

The pack wasn't complete without Dragon2.
This is the same as the first Dragon, but adds a free band pass (freq from 30 to 14000 hz approx), which can be taken pre or post distortion (input stage or post distortion stage). It gives better control over bass/sub bass frequencies. The gain control also goes to higher values, allowing harder distortion on low level sources too :smile:
This dev is added to all packs.

Now, what am I gonna do ? oh yeah, burn a few cds and send them to the first customers :wink: . You will receive them soon (goes to post office tis afternoon). Thanks to you, and sorry for the extra wait, but I think it is worth it.

More info about presets, quick helps etc will be posted soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 07:34 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

and about reservations :
i will mail people soon, and anyway, I will mail them again when there are only a few packs left (ie just enough for reservations). Unfortunately, I will not be able to hold reservations further than dec 31 2004.
But I will mail you in time, no worries.

also about direct fax orders, i will update info very soon.

All the best
Mehdi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-11-29 09:45 ]</font>
wayne

Post by wayne »

Looks thoroughly awesome, Mehdi :grin:

can't wait! :smile:
deejaysly

Post by deejaysly »

Ooh, oooh, apparently I got box number 01 and it's on it's way to me as I speak... (boxes dealt in reservation order) I feel like i've won something! :smile:

Who's getting box number 02?

Little things please little minds... :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deejaysly on 2004-12-02 08:50 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

while you wait, this is an mp3 of presets i am working on for the website.
http://mapage.noos.fr/mtouzani/mp3/blackbox-mix01.mp3

take it as a quick demo. All devs poly=1.
- first I recorded 3 loops with wave 5 preset list.
- then loaded 2 sdx and 1 Spectral LBH.
- SDX : 1 for bass, and the other for pads (I recorded 3/4 pads).
- Spectral LBH to make those arpegios in modified kora and banjo tuning.. (playing the same note as the strings).
then grossly put all this through optimaster.

Presets and midi files should be online pretty soon. The mp3 shows the chord abilities, the lbh. There is only 3 midi tracks (drums, bass, pad/lbh). I hope you like it.

See you later, back to work... :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-02 20:11 ]</font>
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

Additional presets and Midi files :
"User Resource" page accessible from
(should work with the demo too, eventhough demos are a bit limited).
I will add a few more list this week end.

I am impatient to have users feedback when they receive the box (anyone yet??)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-06 19:37 ]</font>
MaoMusique

Post by MaoMusique »

Hé hé, I received it yesterday.
It's a very beautiful BlackBox.

@+
Mehdi_T

Post by Mehdi_T »

VERSION 1.1 UPDATE

This concerns only the owners of BlackBox 01 to 07.
For all others, they receive the 1.1 version directly.

The 1.1 update corrects a few mistakes and cosmetic things :

- Cosmic Flanger DX versions (cosmic, and the -cbs version) was not working well: Now corrected.
- MultiFilter / LP2442/Aerial : cosmetics : the panel of those filters was appearing too much at the right of the screen. Now corrected.
- QuadMorph : the "load" state of insert slots A and C was linked (but it worked fine). This is now corrected.
The Chord preset list of QuadMorph was not named correctly. Now corrected.
- Oscillator Chords : added 3dB volume for louder output. Before it was a bit too low. Now it is the maximum volume possible. Meta5k has a clip indicator now (very helpful).
- Oscillator Chords Rack 3k and 8k : the gain control did not work. Now Corrected.
- BB Midi Filter : The input of the enveloppe follower was to low and linked to the input gain. Now, it is changed and Input gain is independent from the modulation volume.
Also, the internal gain was too loud and could cause saturation. This is now corrected. This device also loads with a MultiFilter loaded by default.
- MiniHost I and II : Cosmetics. modified LFO to Filter curve, for easier editing. The ADSR fader curves have been modified too for easier editing.

This is all "bugs" , which are now corrected.

ADDED DEVICES :
- MicroEcho-Fisherman's edition : There is a version for every possible ulli settings.

ADDED 36 SAMPLES:
- EPS 16+ Hypness kit. That was the end of the 80's and the beginning of techno and breakbeat styles. 15 samples.
- 05R Producer kit : this small rack from Korg included a few basic drum kits. There is a very good closed hi-hat and a few snare drums that may be useful. 15 samples.
- EPS 16+ Bad bank : this is the original drums from Michael Jackson hit "I'm Bad". It has also been used in another massive hit, "Murder she Wrote" by Chakademus and Pliers. 6 samples.

V 1.1 is a full install. In case you want to keep some of v 1.0 devices, only the Chords Osc, the Cosmic Flanger and the BB Midi Filter may cause changes to the presets that you already made. All other modules are cosmetic changes, or changes that do not influence the sound (Quad Morph, MiniHosts, other filters).
To keep those deviices, just modify the names adding a number or letter to their name (or they will be deleted by the new install).

Do not throw away the BlackBox sleeve :wink: (only a cd is shipping).
V 1.1 is a definitive update/correction that I can't put online for webspace reasons. There is no v 1.2 scheduled (because it is now finalized), but add-ons that will be available online in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mehdi_T on 2004-12-07 14:20 ]</font>
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Box #4 arrived here yesterday, and I am thrilled. Mehdi has done an outstanding job, filling the BlackBox with an astounding array of sound creation tools - synths, effects, pseudo-sequencres, all sorts. The sonic potential is vast.

Perhaps most exciting for me is that all of the new oscillators/filters are both Red Dwarf compatible, and can also be loaded into the Modular. So you have a whole new range of oscillators for the Modular, or for any of the RD synths (Solaris, Red Dwarf, etc) and conversely, the Red Dwarf modules can be loaded into the new Black Box devices, so you have an exponential increase in possibilities!

Great concepts, brilliantly executed Mehdi! Thanks a lot,
Ben