CMS-1

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

CMS-1

Post by roy thinnes »

The first (non Modular) Scope device which uses ScopeSync.
For those who are unaware what ScopeSync is for: for developers, look here; for users: it's an easy way to remote control Scope devices from your DAW, not via MidiCC but OSC protocol.

Some weeks ago, just when I got upset on a VST's lame sound, Will Ellis contacted me and asked if we could make a collaboration to make a ScSy device. Also because I had an idea for another synth anyway I was more than happy about this change for the good.

So, some weeks later, it's there, it's real, you can download and use it:

:P

The download includes not only the Scope files (device and presets), but also the dedicated VST plugins (VST2 & VST3, both 32 and 64bit) for CMS-1.

More about the device on my site.
Last edited by roy thinnes on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
t_tangent

Re: CMS-1

Post by t_tangent »

Wow, this device looks very interesting indeed. Thanks both to yourself Roy and to Will. You guys are among a handful of developers for Scope still keeping the platform alive with free devices, so I really am most grateful, and I look forward to trying this out. Thanks again, amazing work. :)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Awesome! Thanks Roy and Will. Glad to see Scopesync in the headlines again.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I will see how OSC in Bidule can be used.
CMS-1 certainly sounds big and juicy in the demo.
Love the Matrix.

Thanks Will & RoyT.
petal

Post by petal »

Looks great - Looking forward to try it out :)
petal

Post by petal »

My Anti-virus scheme is preventing me from installing. Is it possible to post the devices/files as a non-exe?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

roy thinnes wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am
The download includes not only the Scope files (device and presets), but also the VST ScopeSyncVSTInst-x64_1_0_3.dll.
So, it works in 64Bit system/ SCOPE (PCI/ XITE) & DAW application only ?

:)

Bud
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Is it only me?

Windows 10 X64
Scope 7
Restarted the PC, re-installed and... same thing!
Attachments
Error CMS1.jpg
Error CMS1.jpg (172.05 KiB) Viewed 30365 times
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

petal wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 am My Anti-virus scheme is preventing me from installing. Is it possible to post the devices/files as a non-exe?
Which anti-virus are you using? Does it not have the ability to override for a specific .exe?

The installer has to put things in a bunch of different places, so it will be quite painful for updates if you have to follow the steps. It installs the dedicated CMS-1.dll for Scope, VST2 plugins in one place, VST3 version in a different place and the device and presets in another.

If it's really impossible to override, I can look to create a .zip file release, but you'll need to follow a bunch of instructions to get everything working. Also, same will apply to installing the ScopeOSC modules that are a dependency too.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Ripper wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 am Is it only me?

Windows 10 X64
Scope 7
Restarted the PC, re-installed and... same thing!
Hi Ripper,

I'm looking into it now. I'll let you know once I've worked out what's going on there!

Thanks.
Will
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

w_ellis wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am I'm looking into it now.
I've been able to reproduce it here, so hopefully won't be long before I have a fix. Sorry about that. It's because Roy and I have also been working on the full ScopeSync rollout and I forgot to test using CMS-1 without ScopeSync installed (which should work fine in theory!)
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

w_ellis wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:42 am
w_ellis wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am I'm looking into it now.
I've been able to reproduce it here, so hopefully won't be long before I have a fix. Sorry about that. It's because Roy and I have also been working on the full ScopeSync rollout and I forgot to test using CMS-1 without ScopeSync installed (which should work fine in theory!)
Hey, no need to apologize compadre! :wink:

(I thought I had Scopesync installed, but after you mentioned it i realised I didn't re-install it after the new Windows install :oops: )
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Bud Weiser wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am So, it works in 64Bit system/ SCOPE (PCI/ XITE) & DAW application only ?
Small mistake from Roy there... we include a CMS-1_1_0_1.dll and CMS-1_x64_1_0_1.dll for the VST2 plugins, so you can run on either 32bit or 64bit. There are also 32 and 64 bit VST3 versions and the Scope DLL works on both 32 and 64bit (when it works!)
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Ok, bug fixed :) Just doing a build... should have a new version available for you all in the next 30 mins. Sorry for the tease!
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Ripper wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am (I thought I had Scopesync installed, but after you mentioned it i realised I didn't re-install it after the new Windows install :oops: )
The new ScopeSync is very different to the old one in how it works, so it wouldn't have helped. Also, you'd still have been missing the GUI for the CMS-1 synth, as it's not in the ScopeSync installer, just built into the CMS-1 synth package.

Anyway, intrepid synth fans can try again with this release: https://github.com/bcmodular/cwmodular/ ... -v0.1.0.43
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Now we're talking.
It works fine.
8)

:wink:
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Wow, quick testing! If there was any money involved in this, we should hire you ;)
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

w_ellis wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:09 pm Wow, quick testing! If there was any money involved in this, we should hire you ;)
It was a coincidence!
I was doing another thing and noticed there was a post here. Installed and tried it with one preset with Scope midi keyboard, That was all I did.
I didn't do anything else.
Still, I would drink a fresh beer! :D
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Wow, great synth! Thanks for the quick update Will. This morning I thought I had installed something incorrectly when It didn't load the UI.
Works great now, great sounds.
Thanks!
David

Post by David »

Thank you for the great work bring this to fruition. Massive