Another (better ?) dub delay...

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Another (better ?) dub delay...

Post by JoPo »

Hi !

I was looking for a dub delay with HP and LP filters and resonance in the feedback path. A bit like the excellent Celmo Ganja but this one has no resonance for its filters and it's not BPM syncable, I must say that it's a fantastico delay !
I made several version but each times, the filtered looped sound volume was decreasing too fast : I wanted a delay with which I could play as long as I decide, so I had the idea to add a compressor inside the feedback path with auto gain. As I'm from far incapable to build such a device, I searched for one and found it here : http://www.cwmodular.org/picsPatches/Softcompressor.jpg unlikely, only a jpg was avaible ! I choose this one because I saw "auto gain" in the patch ! :D

Anyway, I added it to my filtered delay and I'm glad to upload one of my best modular patch I ever made ! A dub delay which has very long delay loop even when filtering a lot the feedback delay line !
You'll need Modular IV, BC modular, CW modular but (sorry for those who don't have it) Flexor too.
Dub delay JoPo.jpg
Dub delay JoPo.jpg (273.46 KiB) Viewed 8594 times
Ecco. :)

By the way ! If you know, on our platform, a good dub delay, as modular patch or device, let me know !
Dub delay JoPo.rar
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 368 times
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Mr Arkadin

Re: Another (better ?) dub delay...

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I don't know if it has everything you want, although it is semi-modular, but Space F's ECHO 35 is my go-to software echo (I have hardware ones too). Not sure if you can still get it, it was part of the BlackBox package.
Echo35.jpg
Echo35.jpg (188.65 KiB) Viewed 8575 times
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Yes, right ! Thanks ! It's good one ! I've got it. There is Echo 32, 33, 34 also ! :) The difference is subtle !

But there is one filter for the left and the other for the right. It's a dual delay. Without this, it would be perfect ! I never found the way to have both filters in serial instead of left/right. I think it's not possible. It's a pity because it would be the one I'm looking for.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Not too sure what you're after, but if you select 'Satellite' mode in the filters there's two slots where you can select two different filters per channel, just set the left and right to the same settings, or use in mono?
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

You're right : with the satellite mode, it's possible to achieve what I'm looking for. But when one filters a lot the feedback delay signal, it becomes quickly too low, which is normal... This is the point I'm trying to find a solution : having an 'auto gain' in the feedback path for trying to keep it loud enough.
It's not easy to build such a feature within modular.

I wanted to buy SDK for my holidays, as with SDK, it's possible to modify things deeper in devices but my bank account didn't agree with me.

Could someone make an auto gain function in modular and post it here ? I know that for some people here, it would be easy and done in 5 mn..?

--> a function which 'look' the signal level coming via the modular input and rise it if the input signal is lower than, mmm, let's say -6db and lower it if it's above, euh ... , -1db ? Of course with an attack and release adjustable.

My professionnal job is to program, fix industrial automatic mashines. And there is a very important feature some mashines must do called regulation. For instance a speed regulation like in modern cars : one want to drive at 90 km/h if the road goeas up, the system will compensate the slowing down by accelerating the engine ; if the road goes down, the car will want to go faster, the system will decelerate, etc...
One can regulate a lot of physical value : temperature, pressure, depth, speed, position, and ......... sound level !! :D

But I must admit that I can regulate easily temperature in an industrial mashine because a regulation function is provided in the computer software, whereas in modular, with all the modules we have, I'm pulling out my hairs !

Could someone show me an example ?

Thanks ! :)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

cant you just add a compressor and limiter in modular

set threshold to the minimum you want for the compressor/expander theres one in bc modular and and a limiter set to the max allowed level after the compressor
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Sure ! I could, and I did. But I'd like something much more radical !

The theorical regulation function is like :
regul.png
regul.png (10.4 KiB) Viewed 8499 times