64 step sequencer (external ramp)

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

irrelevance

64 step sequencer (external ramp)

Post by irrelevance »

64 STEP EXTERNAL.jpg
64 STEP EXTERNAL.jpg (324.37 KiB) Viewed 7329 times
More sequencer/gate/external ramp fun! Ramp file included and quick vid to show what's going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLZt26s_wvA
Attachments
64 STEP SEQUENCE EXTERNAL.rar
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
dawman

Re: 64 step sequencer (external ramp)

Post by dawman »

Thanks, this might be fun to use.
Glad to see someone has time for Mod 4.
I too long my days of endless Modular patching, hopefully soon I can get time to create again. Until then it seems as I am a slave to rehearsals.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Cool glad you can find use 8)

Been spending time in max for live (max/msp) which has got me thinking in a modular way again.

This patch can be extended to 128 step in one shell with the flexor mod switch 8 to 1 however if running with external ramps you run out of inputs into mod shell. So either spread the patch across two shells or use an internal ramp for master ramp duty and be sure to gate it to keep time.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Hi irrelevance,

Good to see you're still building patches! Are there actually more than the two distinct ramp signals involved? If not, why don't you just distribute them within the patch, rather than having to use lots of audio inputs?

It's probably just me not understanding properly, so if you do need more inputs, you should look at the BC Modular shells, e.g. BC882416. That one has 16 sync connections that you could use, for instance, and you'd still have 8 audio inputs available.

Cheers,
Will

P.S. Give me a shout if you want to chat about integrating ScopeSync into your M4L patches. Roy (cwmod) has been working on a sequencer patch using it.