RotoFFB

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

RotoFFB

Post by roy thinnes »

As the title says, main ingredients are FixedFilterBank modules, being crossfaded (rotated, depends on Lfo settings).
Sound sources are two
-Flexor F(ree)R(unning)SawFlip Oscs. The "Flip" can be modulated by the left multiLfo and a multiOsc. They are mixed together by a
-Mix2 module that outputs to the
-P5 filter, which' cutoff+reso can be modulated by the Lfos (via modMixer module), cf also by the multiOsc. Signal is sent to a
-VCA, modulated by an ADSR enveloope above it, which outputs to the
-PolyOut.
After that, there are the FFB modules, mixed/crossfaded by a QuadFade+Control module. Left display window=manual , right=automatic control.
Some peculiarities:
-Above the mLfos are two async onOff switches, for switching Lfo trigger on/off. The switch on the Lfo surface itself isn't working properly, meaning that even if Retrig is off, it reacts - a tiny bit, but audible (you can see that on the QuadFadeControl right display).
-The polyOuts on the right side are for Lfo polyphony after the actual synth polyOut module. So there's always a way to get back to polyphony after some "single mode" modules.
audio clip
download
dante

Re: RotoFFB

Post by dante »

Some good outworldly sci-fi fx and pads there. Reminds me of some of the RotorEx sounds a good soundtrack to your animated avatar.
dawman

Re: RotoFFB

Post by dawman »

RoyT................Man Or Myth.
Thanks Boss.
I haven't seen the silver faced modules before, I really like their sheen, but the patch tops that.
I have never seen modules so assymetrically connected before.
Poly Outs are making me rething things a little.
Love the sounds of this patch, especially with Random LFO's.

Thanks Much