NoisyExperience

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

roy thinnes

NoisyExperience

Post by roy thinnes »

yes, its a pity that nobody posts new Modular patches, despite the fact that ModIV has been out so long.
so I'm gonna start a new campaign: one patch a week! Wednesday is patchday from now on. (let's see how long I can go ahead with it :D )
As S|C has already uploaded some of my ModIV contest patches as "Factory Patches", I'll start with one of these.
NoisyExperience is a little noodle patch, which includes
-PsychoLfo: good random value lfo with glide and modulatable freq and gain. it is modulating the freq of
-NoiseExciter: a pitchable noise osc with lp filter and Ahd envelope. it is triggered by a random gate module and is the main sound source. its output feeds a
-panModulation module, modulated by PsychoLfo->Lp6 filter (the lowpass acts as a signal smoother). it outputs to
-two stereoInserts, each one with one of Scope5's excellent fx devices, which provide two different room sizes.
switching between these fx devices happens by means of two
-FadGtTgSw2x1 modules, which allow smooth fading between the input sources; switching occurs whenever a gate message is received (yellow LED is blinking).
this patch is quite heavy on dsp and cpu, because of the inserts.
download here
soundclip here
heavy fun :)
ChrisWerner

Re: NoisyExperience

Post by ChrisWerner »

Be sure I'll follow once I did the upgrade to version four. BTW, is the preset managing ok with version four.
I remember on three, I had problems building huge patches and then the presets won't work correct.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Great, thanks for the explanation - I can understand these modules much easier when I see a clear example like this. Looking forward to the series!
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

thanks for the replies.
Chris: Preset managing is flawless so far. If you add / delete some module(s), just save every preset + preset list again, and it's fine.
I have to admit though that I didn't test really big patches so watch out regardless.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

thank you for this and the one's you sent to SC. Look fwd to more. The explanations are great too.