Roland D70 4 Modular II ( no effects 8 X 8 )

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Roland D70 4 Modular II ( no effects 8 X 8 )

Post by dawman »

Use this in a 4 AUX or 8 Buss mixer.
Delay AUX 1
SSB Modulator AUX 2
Chorus S AUX 3
Master Flanger AUX 2

http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=7672

http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=7673
untitled.JPG
dante

Re: Roland D70 4 Modular II ( no effects 8 X 8 )

Post by dante »

I wouldn't mind a D70 ( had some great sounds ) but trying to load this I got a license prompt - I guess coz I don't have Flexor :(

From memory D70 was based on a Roland 80's technology called 'LA', using samples for attack and synth for the decay. Advanced for it's day - I had its little brother module the MT32 back in '87 also advanced in its day as one of the first multi-timbral modules and definately the first to have seperate reverb and chorus sends on each channel.

The choon reminds me of some Edgar Froese...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Actually the D-70 was based upon the 'U' series of instruments rather than 'LA' and worked differently to the D-50 etc. I think the circuit boards even have U-70 written on them. We had one at work and it was a lovely board.
dante

Post by dante »

Ok yeah it was the D50 I was thinking off...
dawman

Post by dawman »

The D70 was U based and not LA based, but the partials used in the D50 were available and the 4 partial / 4 preset architecture was standard.
The 76 ( ? ) 73 note 4 x zone controller features allowed me to blend the samples from the Roland S760's into the performance presets and even had a Sony Trinitron CRT on stage which back in 93 was a big deal. I would use that keyboard only with a rack of analog synths and SCSI samplers. I use to hear guys saying you need another controller for looks. I would tell them sure, you carry it for me and I'll buy one, but using a single controller was where I really learned how to use controllers and MIDI live. Extra keyboards were a crutch IMHO. It shows more skill using 1 and using it well. That doesn't address the all i,portamt "look ", but I didn't care about cosmetics when I have to pack my own gear........
When I get time mext week I will re post this.
I keep forgetting that a single Module from Mod IV can screw things up.
I was under the impression that the patch would load and the modules from ModIV just wouldn't be accesible.
Since I use the 8 x 2 swtich from Mod IV and Shroomz' High Times VU, I will repost w/o the switch.
It's really nice though as you can mute each section, isolat it, then use the K meters and really dial in the levels.
Sorry, didn't think it was a showstopper.
dante

Post by dante »

Can you blend the 4 partials with a joystick type controller like Vectron ? I saw a Scope device for this recently ( a joystick linked to the 2 corresponding knobs - one for each axis ). But you need physical ones ( better than an on screen one controlled by mouse IMHO ). if I was trying to get the most control out of live I would be looking for a bank of these 2 axis joysticks ( some spring loaded to autocentre and some not ).

Actually that gives me an idea - I still have a trackball at home from my live gaming days - might see what that can do on Leslie emulation - one axis for lower rotor speed and other for upper. One movement controls relative ( and/or absolute ) speeds of the rotors....