ScaleSequencer

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

ScaleSequencer

Post by ChrisWerner »

Hiya, I need some help, please.

Currently I am building a Metaphysical Scope 2 version for Scope and run into problems.

So, I´ve decided to release a smaller version without the mixing unit and the two OSC banks to test if you run into the same problems, I have.

The problem is that after few minutes programing the presets my scope system simply quits.
The problems occur when I turn the knobs on the remote surfaces. I try to make the metaphysical2 controlable from the remote surfaces only.

Can you check it out please and leave me a report?

Some details on this smaller version of my metaphysical 2 modular.

It starts with a scale sequencer that plays melodies based upon a scale by using frequency multiplication modules only.
When you hit a note on your keys the 2nd , 3rd, 4th etc. are played randomly and gives you a melody.

You can choose different intervals (Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do) from different scales (4) on the matrix module.
The pro of using frequency multiplication modules is the you have the perfect tuning for the scales.
You can create your own scales by erditing the multiplication modules by calculating the factor of an interval, for example:
Pentatonic 9/8 for a 2nd, 4/3 the 4th, 27/16 for the 6th 2/1 an octave etc.

Try to change the scale rate, the three scale ws(waveshapes), and range on the remote to alter your melodies.

The sample OSC module have two sample OSCs with a crossfade function. The xfade can be modulated by an LFO.
Why? try to take a drum loop sample, load it in one sample OSC , reverse the same sample in a sample editor and load the reversed sample into the second sample OSC !
You will get a taste of moving in a sample forward and back.
The Vrt -> Prt knobs mean that you can multiply the Pitch rate of the pitch LFO with the rate from the Volume LFO, interresting pitch results.

Finally I add a xfade LP/HP filter and two Comb Filters in a third module.

Those circuit level modules are a great improvment for modular, thank you very much.
A small hint, create your modulars in these circuit level modules because you can copy and paste them from one modular project to a new one. A OSC bank from Alfonso, a filter module from Shroomz, a modulation module from who ever , all copied into a new modular and you have a new synth.

So, you could copy my scale module into your synth simply, connect the input and output correct and you have a scaled sequenced synth.

Thank you so far.
ScaleSeq.zip
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 396 times
ChrisWerner

Re: ScaleSequencer

Post by ChrisWerner »

Here is a demo mp3.

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Finally a small sample pool to get you started.
Load the bansuri into the upper sample OSC and the baritone violin into the lower sample OSC to get the preset Tronish ensemble to work.

The final sample pool for the metaphysical2 has currently some hundreds of mb :-)

You need FleXor to run the scale sequencer modular device!
ScaleSeq-Pool.zip
(6.76 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Anyone know what the OBXFLX DSP is ?
A while ago I think I remember it being in Alfonso's Union device.
My memory is usually pretty good, but I can't find this file anywhere.
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

it comes with the Flexor package! :)