Partials sweeper

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Cochise

Partials sweeper

Post by Cochise »

Well, I was in the need of relax after the gate maze of the last patch.

So there's a simple but cool sounding modular device.
It's an harmonic sounding one this time, based on a highly resonant band pass filter sweeping thru 4 partials, up a stairway obtained using a multisegment env. Each stair returns a value by which the cutoff coincides with the frequency of one of the oscillators.
The fifth stair event coincides, on the tempo line, with the 5th note of 16th lenght at 120 BPM (edited: sorry, actually it's the 7th quaver) ; not all the stairs are exactly equal, the way the sweep goes on like coming loose. This setting also fits 80 BPM (x12th lenght). It can be fastened or slowed down using the time modulation knob on the envelope even without any control signal connected to it.

For the use as lead sound i've added sort of click at the key release, mixed with the sound before the poly out. It helps make a reverse like effect when notes are released before the end of the envelope time, and gives a sort of retro or low-fi flavour togheter with another trick that occurs with the last partial.

The amplitude modulator is intended for modulation wheel use.

I experimented a bit with osc frequencies, but not with different waveforms nor with other oscillator alchemies, so if anyone have hints about, or wanna try to improve the sound, these are welcome things.

Let me know

_johnny
Attachments
partials sweeper.zip
(982.96 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
Last edited by Cochise on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am waiting for my reg. key from Assaf 4 FIII.
I will definitely check it out and let you know. Your description of it's build are intriguing. The fact that it sweeps partials has got my attention.

I am checking my emails every 5 minutes !!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am a royal pain in the ass to all developers, I am aware of this as they talk to me in technical jargon, and I simply agree and pass it on to another person who knows I am a pain in the ass, GaryB. He translates things and advises me. As I had sent Assaf the wrong allkeys.skf twice, and after finally getting the right one to him. Requesting my newest Type II Pro cards DAW to house his new key on a new hardware serial #. That's why I always suggest to developers and makers of custom toys 4 me to charge more money, as I am a PITA !!!

I am sure Assaf now has to surf the waves of Hades to do this for me. I apologise, and hope by sharing ideas and patches that I might be forgiven in the Heavens where the ModGodz reside w/ Flexor 3, and Scope.

The only way anyone could understand my lame ass and appreciate me is to come to Vegas and hear what Scope really sounds like through killer cabinets, and resonating rotaries as well. I have the rest of the summer to program and prepare for battle, as the gigs I am doing till October are all Wurlitzer EP, B3, and Honky Tonk Piano stuff.
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

scope4live wrote:I am waiting for my reg. key from Assaf 4 FIII.
I will definitely check it out and let you know. Your description of it's build are intriguing. The fact that it sweeps partials has got my attention.

I am checking my emails every 5 minutes !!!
Hi. Jimmy.
Thx for your reply.

Sorry, who's Assaf?