Vega

Patch files for the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

Vega

Post by ChrisWerner »

Vega synth, something I put together the last evenings.
It has three oscillator banks, you can choose from Saw, Pulse, Sine or Wavetable.
Each Bank has a multi sub oscillator that can be mixed to the main oscillator or even sync to it.

OSC 1 can get FM from OSC 2 3>2>1 or 3>1<2.
Also there is a OSC drift build in which adds life to the frequences.

All OSC banks can use a warp saturator to add wired or just some highs thingies.
The Wavetable OSCs can additional use a 2 Formant shaper each.

All OSCs come together in a mix8 module also you find there ringmodulations of OSC 1*2 or 2*3 to mix in.

Two polyfilters that can be mixed together in different ways.
I tried to build something like filter feedback but it doesn´t worked like I hoped. (Maybe somebody can give me a hint on how to realise that).

Vega has two Modulation sections (Modulators), that carry a multi LFO, noise, an envelope or a control sequencer each.

Multi LFO 2 can be modulated in its rate by LFO 1.
At the end of each Modulator sits a control smoother.

The Modulators can modulate the filter cutoffs, resonance, OSC pitch, PWM, sub PWM, the warps and formant shapers.

Vega fits hardly on my 20" widescreen I wish I could give you a device instead.

Several presets and a small tutorial preset bank are add, I am on to program some more at the moment.

Hope you like it.

Monophon it uses nearly 4DSPs on my Pulsar 1.
Attachments
Vega.zip
ModIII+Flexor
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 796 times
Last edited by ChrisWerner on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
petal

Post by petal »

Fantastic synth and great presets!

Nice work :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

hey congrats Chris, new adventures... :-)
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thank you, I saw there are some mistakes, in the OSC selector, the label writes that you have audio in at input 6, it is only on five.

Also I found that the warm and fat saturator as filter shapers don´t work very good, but the little distortion module does the job very good.

Happy tweaking!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nice Job CW,
The signature Oscillator drift, and usual strong presets. Hope your studies, and gigs are going well.

With Kind Regards,
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thank you Jimmy, my studyis going well, last third to go, though.
On September we have our next big Ambient festival, maybe you have some time left to come to the Jaegermeister land?
That would be very nice.

I will come up with some more presets soon.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I shall return again to Duestchland for sure. This time I will stay for a while and enjoy myself. It's hard to have fun when you play w/ Englebert Humperdinck.

As they say in Vegas,.....you haven't been anywhere till you get fired from Englebert. Other than the overpaid monitor man, I hold the record.

Have Fun @ The Festival,
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I couldn`t resist to post a screeni....

:D

because it really is a crazy patch :P
I can`t believe that something like this runs stable on scope.... If it was a ms product it would have already crashed after seconds. :lol:
Attachments
hehe.JPG
hehe.JPG (88.39 KiB) Viewed 10998 times
synthetic

Post by synthetic »

Can't get Vega to work, missing "MIDI X-in Switch 01" dsp-file. I have Flexor 1.5 and MIII installed, what's wrong?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

since the vega and obx-c jumped back on top of the list, I tried to load them, too, and ran into the same missing dsp problem. and yes, I have M3 and Flexor installed, too. what's different in your install, Chris? (and of course, hifboom, since he seems to have it running, too)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Oh sorry I had overseen your replies, I´ll check out the missing dsp file until tomorrow.
At the moment I have no idea.
I am still on Scope 3.1c.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Ah okay, Vega and OBX uses Alfonsos nice unison module.
You have to download and install it.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15018
Last edited by ChrisWerner on Wed May 02, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

edit - :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's what it was !!
I have also added Flexor valve to this to get the Oberheim grit really buzzing.

Anyone ever heard that VST modelled after the OBX ? It was so soundblaster-ish compared to CW's.

I can't wait to hear Flexor II's new Osc's and filters. I use the OBX-c to start evey Mod patch since it's inception. That way I'm guarenteed a FAT BASTARD every time. I have had several off chutes including adding 2 extra Oscillators and 4 voices on Unison 6. It is very close to my Oberheim XPander, and just begs for multiple LCD's as in the original design.

Maybe someday my custom controller project will be realized. And our Mod patches can become visually updated.

HiFiBoom is going nuts with his new card. I can't wait to see him w/ Flexor II. Just inserting Aderns Oscillators in any patch brings Oil and FAT together.
Last edited by dawman on Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

CW,
I have just loaded this patch today and find a small problem which seems unrelated, but is causing some grief to me.

I have been playing w/ Modular in anticipation of Flexor II.

When I load your patch I get an OBXFLX pop up. I didn't get the MIDISwitch pop up as I have Unison 6 installed from using it in the past with your killer OBX patches, and others.

Have you any idea what this would be?

I am dying to use this, and I know your school / studies and girlfriend are a priority, as all men need their Dog walked, but when you have the time I would be indebted, as this patch looks extremely useful 4 my work.

Alvetazein,
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Hiya Jimmy,
I never run into this obxflx problem, but it seems like a missing or wrong named dsp file as you can read here.

http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ght=obxflx

I hope it will help you out.

cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

I could not believe when I first saw the letters OBX. Ithought maybe too much Jager, how could your OBX-c patch have anything to do with this. It has nothing at all to do with it, just a coincidence of sorts.

I am looking into the tip from paulrmartin concerning this, as I believe when I switched to another DAW, that's where the problem occured. It is Flexor based install code.

Thanks, I shall have fun this weekend with Vega. It looks like another big scarey one to me.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Keep me in touch how you like it, Jimmy !
dawman

Re: Vega

Post by dawman »

Sorry I waited so long CW.

I have had so many rehersals and fixes lately I had to retreat to Modular / Flexor III and tweak sounds instead of thinking of thousands of notes.

This is simply amazing. I have to turn the cables off and on dozens of times to try to understand why you would, or how actually, you would think of such unique routings.

I gues you just start building and then decide to start adding all of the different variations needed to create so many sounds and FX.

This is a work of mathematics as well as art.

Just to have something to do while I am away from any instrument I am taking copies w/ and w/o the cables in several configurations while I am on a beach in Lake Tahoe, and also Captiva Island in the Gulf of Mexico. It will take 2 weeks of studying those prints just to try and begin to comprehend what you have created.

You are really sick, but I love it so.

Thanks Again and please post some more audio treats as they are also a work of art.

Strength And Honor.