Recording Software used with Scope 2018

Scope project files

Moderators: valis, garyb

betman

Recording Software used with Scope 2018

Post by betman »

I am a long time user. When Creamware came to my town Portland Or. they showed us the Tripledat isa card and all the great things it did. I was excited and bought it, I then made a new computer and so on.. ended up deep in the pulasr cards, Scope with ultra16 and lots of cool stuff. Ok.. so here it is 2018 and unless there is a new multi-track plugin for Scope I am simply looking to hear what others use and what plays well with Scope. A big thx to Gary for helping me with which desktop (PC) to get so my new update of Scope will work with newer hardware. But I will need to decide what is best for recording Audio in multiple tracks. Yes, it has been a long time but I never gave up on Scope and even still have older computers to run the Triple but I have to bring things up to date.
_so Reaper?
_Protools? (do people even mix this and that? overkill?
_Cubase? versions?
you get the idea.
thx.
betman

Re: Recording Software used with Scope 2018

Post by betman »

I just read about Presonus Studio one (Artist) and now asking if anyone has run this or any of the Studio One versions side by side with Scope and of course how did it do and are you happy with it. If so what is the speed and specs of your computer. I read what the minimum is but of course Scope is running as well... but with the built in DSP on the pulsar boards that should be a huge plus just as it was in the past... right? ;-} thx
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

If you go Cubase then Cubase Pro 9.5 works well and is the best Cubase version in a while.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I use Ableton. And general reports are that aside from only a couple DAWs that use Portaudio as the IO interface, everything else works.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Yeah I think Bitwig is one to avoid because of Portaudio.
betman

Post by betman »

I was looking at Cubase. It seems to be more demanding on the hardware specs... I don't even know if what i have would run it to it's height of performance. I am familiar with it though. I remember when Ableton came out or became more popular... I never did too much with it though. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I will figure it out some time this week.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Samplitude and Sequoia.
I like mixing and mastering through Scope in to Sequoia.

G
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dante

Post by dante »

Propellerheads Reason. Awesome tracking/mixing workflow. http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_27/rst_mast.htm
dante

Post by dante »

Or if you want something free - there is always Sonar free (resurrected from Gibson's public killing last November).

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/sonar ... lk-bandlab

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... t=Cakewalk

"Cakewalk by BandLab includes the core premium features found in the very capable Sonar Platinum (which used to cost £399), including the Skylight user interface, flexible ProChannel modules, ARA integration and an end-to-end 64-bit mix engine."
Marco

Post by Marco »

I use samplitude and love it, works great with scope
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
betman

Post by betman »

Thx for the replies. I made this thread hoping to get ahead of things and when I received the rest of what I needed to set up the computerI had some issues installing Scope 7 (that seems to be corrected though). I still have not purchased a DAW and I am going to finish getting the scope boards all set and see what is new there but I still plan on getting a recording program. I thought I would try Reaper but for some crazy reason I am still drawn to the "Studio One" by Presonus. I have had a chance to do more reading here but I just wanted to say thx and If anyone has any more ideas I would love to hear them. The Samplitude I was aware of but not Sequoia. And Reason I used long ago but always associated it more with the groove machine type platform though I know everything is changing. Even inside of the Scope 7 there is a Vdat and after I import more keys and a few more boards I should be able to see what I can do with what is already there. ok.. back to work. B