Live 64bit Project

Scope project files

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Live 64bit Project

Post by dawman »

Kontakt 4.2 x64 loads extremely fast. I can even change presets
in realtime now. The 4GB+ load takes 96 seconds.
The new SC 5.1 Room Reverbs in SpaceFs' MB7 are deep and wet.
Untitled.jpg
UntitledV.jpg
siriusbliss

Re: Live 64bit Project

Post by siriusbliss »

Lookin' awesome!

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

If this keeps working as advertised I will have an awesome Orchestral String Section sound in realtime too.
The days of those keyswitches taking up valubale notes on a controller are long gone. I bought a MIDI Solutions F8 that had 8 x 1/4" jacks to use w/ Expression pedals and footswitches. I used the note on/off keyswitches. but had those attached to footswitches so I could keep playing with both hands.
But now Kontakt has a built in script that takes a MIDI Program Change message and converts it to a note on/off when Instrument Banks are used.
IB's ( Instrument Banks ) are a collection of various articulations of the same instrument, so you could have 128 different articulations on a single MIDI Channel where each articulation can be changed by a MIDI Program Change message.
But using 2 x Instrument Banks, one on Channel 10 and the second on Channel 11 I can layer them for some truly Big Orchestral sounds.

For example, on my controller I have 17 buttons parallel to the keyboard. Each one is a MIDI Program Change message 001-017.
By using Wolfs MIDI Tool Box PrgmChng. Module I can send the message to 8 x seperate channels at once.
So using 2 x Instrument Banks I can have a 16 Player Violins II Ensemble on #1. and on #2, I can have the 3 Player Full Legato Violins.
This means I can actually play the Melody ala Legato, and when the note sustains slightly the entire 16 Player Ensemble sneaks in as I have a longer attack on its envelope. ( ADSR ).
Then Button #2 ( 002 MIDI Program Change ) is the same exact thing with the 16 Violins being an octave higher, good for building the intensity of the phrase on the second time around. Mod Wheel can give me a faster attack on IB # 2, but leave IB #1 as is.etc.etc.
All of this is done as each button on my controller allows many variations like a matrix.
Excellent realtime control.
What's funny is I am using a single finger and getting the sound of 20+ Voilins being played.....
Scope and Kontakt 4.2 are incredible when combined.
Untitled.jpg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

yeah, you're insane :lol:

Greg
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Jimmy,
are you of this world? :lol: