Scope project files

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Live Hosting By Bidule For VSTi's & SCOPE SFP + Analog Synth

Post by dawman »

Uomo Di Fratello Nunziata,

Here's the jpeg's you requested.
Picture 012.jpg
Wolf's Red MIDI Panic Buttons are used after the MIDI Filters, and before the MIDI Monitors.
This is an easy live project where everything is controlled from 2 x KS88's.
This is my current jam project. Everything can be recorded into VDAT for editing, and study.
This is important just in case I have a good session, I can retrieve it for referencing later.

I have hardware MIDI Panic pedals and Buttons, and along with Wolf's Panic Buttons stuck notes are 100% eliminated.
The CC2's are used on 2 x different Expression Pedals.
The B2003's drawbars are ganged together so several can be moved by a single push of an expression pedal.
The Prowave also has a CC2 which moves the Cutoff Frequency and Keytrack simultaneously so I can have String Cresendo's and Wide Filter Sweeps.

Bidule is the live VST Host. I run 12 x channels of MIDI between Gigastudio and Kontakt based instruments.

The external hardware analog synth is routed into the project via the A16U / ADAT connections as the ADAT Source Module shows it's mono input.
That input gets routed into a stereo device from Jah Servant called M2S that allows stereo FX to be used on a mono signal.
Last edited by dawman on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Re: Live Hosting By Bidule For VSTi's & SCOPE SFP + Analog Synth

Post by garyb »

that's so beautiful. that's ready to work. it'd be great in a busy studio as well. why would anyone have a conventional synth over that?
garyb

Post by garyb »

stardust wrote:haptics ?
what is haptics? optics, perhaps?
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

do you record 16 channels of vdat at 32 bits at the same time?
I record 8 at once, and never had any trouble, but im thinking of switching to 16, now i have pretty much stopped using scope delays.

and im not quite sure why you have to have so many kill switches? i never get stuck notes in scope unless i use a certain orange synth :D
mind you thats a lot of MIDI routing you have there,

scopes an audio hub for me but my seq machine is the MIDI hub.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually the Panic Buttons are a precaution while my hardware is getting re worked to run a new setup.
They aren't crucial but I absolutely hate stuck notes, and until I get my hardware panic button re assigned to a footswitch pedal I figured it was better safe than sorry.
I rarely get them, except when I fuck up during live program changes and still have a sustaining part going on. Then it becomes a nightmare of sorts if you can't clear the pipes.
Scope synths really don't have much trouble w/ stuck notes, but my Romplers are troublesome when I hold onto notes while doing PChange messages.
The best performer I have is my analog synth that's routed into Scope. It never has stuck notes even if I am sustaining a Bass or lead lick. I can count on that beast being around for another decade.

I usually do 2 / 4 / or 8 tracks simultaneously in VDAT, but sometimes crank on Cubase which needs the 8 drum tracks, and then record 4 more tracks live.
Recording over the quantized drum tracks takes away the robotic feel, but then I will record over if I make mistakes which inevitably will happen.
But it makes me a better player, and the days of having a fantastic drummer are slipping away more and more.
It seems like there are many Roland trigger drummers w/ massive expensive electronic kits 'round here, but sadly when they do a Tom roll, it sounds like somebody fell down the steps. And the guys with awesome chops have shitty kits, and drink way too much booze and require babysitting.
When I do run across a great drummer they are already in a good group, or feel as though they should be paid everytime they raise their foot to walk.. :roll:
VDAT and some choice drum & percussion kits do what I ask of them...

Now the F8 / DMC MX8 are re programmed to handle the SysEx and other Filtering chores, and Bidule's KS88 reset values are modified.
My sustain pedals are directly attached to the controllers, and 2 x Expression pedals + 6 pedal footswitches are all re assigned to the MIDISolution F8.......Happiness. :D
Last edited by dawman on Sun May 10, 2009 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i've done 20 tracks into VDAT live.