old test-discussion, not relevant anymore

Scope project files

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

old test-discussion, not relevant anymore

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

this is what in italian is called "seghe mentali"....
wayne

Post by wayne »

Let there be rock.
garyb

Post by garyb »

in the hardware world, your results would likely not be even this consistent. experiments with the real devices won't be nearly this accurate and repeatable, just the change in a cable will change everything! this hair splitting has nothing to do with making good productions.

i don't have anything against these experiments, i just don't think that too much weight should be given. even if the stock eq is capable of getting similar results, the other might still be better ergonomically and result in better productions. the test devices(ladder meters on a channel strip) are not accurate enough to say anything with absolute surety. extreme settings or complicated material might also bring different results. all this test really shows is that the stock eqs are likely very high quality, because the DAS plugs got very nice reviews by those who tried them....
hubird

Post by hubird »

That's right on it's own, Gary, yet on Creamware's site we read this:

The POLTEQ, A550EQ and N1084EQ plugins are inspired by and modelled after famous analog high-end equalizers.
All three plugins deliver very convincing results and may define a new benchmark for sound equalization on the Scope platform.

'May define a new benchmark'...?
This can't be true if the sound is ('-95 db') equal to the stock EQ plugin.
Ok, 'may' isn't 'is', but...

That sentence can only be true if you read it as concerning 'only' the way the bands are organized together, plus the GUI.

The quote as a whole however -it's said before by others- strongly suggests the creation of a really new level in sound.

I call that misleading (unintended by Creamware).
Martin was able to reconstruct the Poltq in one day based on stock SDK parts, with equalness of -95 db phase cancelation at extreme settings.

Respect btw. for MCCyrano for his great precision job and his ability to discuss his work in a scientific way :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-27 21:11 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

to me it seems it can't get any simpler than a complete phase cancellation, unless the poltec is extremely nonlinear. Maybe if the band responses were dependent on each other? (I doubt it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2006-09-27 18:12 ]</font>
astroman

Post by astroman »

I guess something like that will be the surpise which Eric 'reserved' for Martin once he should succeed with all bands... :razz:
something real mean like
if (a>x) and (b<y) then overlay curve c

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2006-09-27 18:29 ]</font>
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---