Old test-discussion, not relevant any more

Scope project files

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

Old test-discussion, not relevant any more

Post by MCCY »

Test removed. Please refer to erics official test to avoid chaos.
Last edited by MCCY on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Why not linking to the actual state of discussion:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 5&start=40
digitalaudiosoft

On 2006-09-24 01:45, MCCYRANO wrote:
Why not linking to the actual state of discussion:
because the truth is in olive's post...but it seems that you have not understand how to make good test...logical...

eric
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalaudiosoft

it's not necessary ...everybody now can see that you are wrong with this kind of test.the only you do is to try to prove that 2 identicals levels can be deleted...what about the colors of the sound ?
why,when a members says that polteq sounds good, you write this kind of post ?
everybody ,here is able to undestand your kind of frustration to be not able to make goods plugins like ours....never mind.

eric
Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalaudiosoft

On 2006-09-24 02:33, MCCYRANO wrote:
Nice, to hear that this scientific discussion goes on without personal attacks, so we will find the truth:

"it's not necessary ...everybody now can see that you are wrong with this kind of test.the only you do is to try to prove that 2 identicals levels can be phase deleted...what about the colors of the sound ?"

Aha. You say if I can phasedelete two signals I just prove that the level is the same? You think that it is possible, that they still sound different?
Intersting thesis, which really everybody can prove to be wrong.

Elementary thing on complete phasedeletion is that both signals are identical.

Martin
i'm not only a scope dev, i'm musician (i have recorded some cd with french star as sound engineer and bassplayer) !i have made a test..when i play bass on a cd,i inverse the signal of my sound,i can phase deleted bassguitar frq in a mix ...why ? maybe it is my bass and me who is playing in the mix....of course not...
you are ridiculous !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digitalaudiosoft on 2006-09-24 02:45 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

well, ridiculous...I'm not so sure about that, on the contrary even...
At least I can confirm the result of the high band phase cancellation test, there's 100% cancellation (see the other thread).

Btw, I can't understand how you, as a serious developer, state this:

the only you do is to try to prove that 2 identicals levels can be phase deleted...what about the colors of the sound ?

A weird statement to hear from a 'pro' (who's insulting and trying to humiliate an active and correct handling SDK developer on our platform).
100% cancellation Eric, nothing 'colors', you can't change that fact :smile:

It's definitely worth a public discussion on Planetz, why not?
One isn't a jerk if he's testing/comparing etc. a plugin from a professionally operating software house.
That's the way the free world works :smile:
And of course a SDK developer does that more likely than a pure musicion, so it's all in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-24 12:49 ]</font>
digitalaudiosoft

On 2006-09-24 12:30, hubird wrote:
well, ridiculous...I'm not so sure about that, on the contrary even...
At least I can confirm the result of the high band phase cancellation test, there's 100% cancellation (see the other thread).

Btw, I can't understand how you, as a serious developer, state this:

the only you do is to try to prove that 2 identicals levels can be phase deleted...what about the colors of the sound ?

A weird statement to hear from a 'pro' who's insulting and trying to humiliate an active SDK developer on our platform.
100% cancellation Eric, nothing 'colors', you can't change that fact :smile:
It's definitely worth a public discussion on Planetz, why not?
hubird,mccyrano,hifiboom and astroman , you like playing this kind of game !!! i have never seen that...you are like baby.but ,now, i don't want to let you posting s..t post about das !
you and your friend are not able to phase deleted all the band activated.

eric

and only me ! not das !
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2006-09-24 12:42, digitalaudiosoft wrote:
Now we are talking :grin:
and you are right just as far as none of us tried to do that, as there are some natural complications (DSP spreading etc).
It took a while to convince you of the 100% cancelation of one[i/] band.

I'm not qualified to discuss technical stuff, I really know just common sense stuff.
But cancelation is an easy thing to test, even for me :grin:
It could very well be that DAS did a great job in combining several bands, maybe you have better phase-linear frequency specs than the CW eq, better crossover algos, and what else is relevant, but then just explain and convince us :smile:
cheers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-24 13:13 ]</font>
digitalaudiosoft

On 2006-09-24 13:12, hubird wrote:
On 2006-09-24 12:42, digitalaudiosoft wrote:
Now we are talking :grin:
and you are right just as far as none of us tried to do that, as there are some natural complications (DSP spreading etc).
It took a while to convince you of the 100% cancelation of one[i/] band.

I'm not qualified to discuss technical stuff, I really know just common sense stuff.
But cancelation is an easy thing to test, even for me :grin:
It could very well be that DAS did a great job in combining several bands, maybe you have better phase-linear frequency specs than the CW eq, better crossover algos, and what else is relevant, but then just explain and convince us :smile:
cheers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-24 13:13 ]</font>

i have made a post on how we work...you have not read it ...never mind.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 5&start=40

why don't you ask warp69,for exemple,to give us his algo of his p100 ?

it's ridiculous...

eric

Last edited by digitalaudiosoft on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Com'on my friend, I'm not asking for algorhithms, I'm just asking for the usual PR paper information, telling why the current plug is so different from others.
I read the mentioned post(s), but that's far to general and partly bluffing.

So far you didn't tell us, 'the stupid members', anything relevant about the special sound character you still claim.

And also: so far we, 'the stupid members', proved what you denied so persisting.
100% cancelation of -in the meanwhile- two circuits...
Wish the Creamware eq had your GUI :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-24 18:59 ]</font>
digitalaudiosoft

On 2006-09-24 14:59, hubird wrote:
Com'on my friend, I'm not asking for algorhithms, I'm just asking for the usual PR paper information, telling why the current plug is so different from others.
I read the mentioned post(s), but that's far to general and partly bluffing.

So far you didn't tell us, 'the stupid members', anything relevant about the special sound character you still claim.

And also: so far we, 'the stupid members', proved what you denied so persisting.
100% cancelation of -in the meanwhile- two circuits...
Wish the Creamware eq had your GUI :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-09-24 18:59 ]</font>
what are you proving ?
where is the phase meter ?
you are talking level not about phase ! so instead of wrtiing s...t post , you can begin to understand what are phase and level !

eric

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 5&start=20

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digitalaudiosoft on 2006-09-24 23:12 ]</font>
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

---
Last edited by MCCY on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

I don't have the das devices and i can't do the phase comparison test, but i would use a pink noise and a phase measurement tool to check it.

I think this thread is discrediting the das device and just who have already purchased it can do a comparison and who is interested in purchasing it is a bit confused by reading the latest discussions.
At the moment i do not see any recording to allow all readers a comparison test.
It would be very appreciated to have 2 audio recordings, one processed by polteq and one by peq4 and of course it must be a pink noise .
Regards

Salvatore

p.s. i've noticed that mccyrano is writing poltec instead of polteq.
Are we talkin about the same device ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djmicron on 2006-09-25 08:17 ]</font>
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

and i still havent seen an example that shows phace cancellation on the whole spectrum, just bands.
hubird

Post by hubird »

that's right, and it's discussed already why not :smile:
Would be interesting tho :smile:
Hey, but would you trust blindly an eq plug that cancelates out completely on two bands with another eq, while no details can be given that justify the claim for a special sound character?
Gambling offers more chance I'm afraid :wink:
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

and im not even THAT good at gambling :grin:

Nah, i just see it this way; if this is just a rip off device (thats the claim as far as i can see), one should be able achieve full cancellation easily.

Of course its built up from stock atoms, what isnt?

i found it a bit fummy when Astro told us he got closer to cansellation using the Ison device. is this a rip-off as well?
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

i found it a bit fummy when Astro told us he got closer to cansellation using the Ison device. is this a rip-off as well?
is this a game ( or a joke ?) i have no time to spare trying to cancell all signal built from CW dsp !
personaly i have no time for it but ask MC ... he will do it for you !!!

cheers
olive