FFT Spectrum Analyzer (Wave In) - Update V1.0 Release

Preset lists and tools for Scope modules

Moderators: valis, garyb

LHong

Post by LHong »

On 2003-12-28 13:23, voidar wrote:
I get an error when turning it on while playing back stuff on WinAmp.

"WaveInOpen:
The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determin the supported formats."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2003-12-28 13:31 ]</font>
Hi voidar,
Can you describe more about your PC system configuration and what program you were running along with the FFT SA? We are noticed that some of sequencer program might uses the wavein driver exclusively, which is default by windows used then you might need to uncheck its driver (or close it) before to open and use the FFT SA.
Anyway, we need more info from you and how to reproduce it in order to solve the problem...

Hope this helps,
LongStudio

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LHong on 2003-12-28 20:04 ]</font>
voidar

Post by voidar »

Well, I run a Pulsar II board. I tried both 16 and 24 bit resolution as the wave source driver. No wave destination driver was loaded. I also have a Creative SB Live card installed which is basically configured to do nothing.

Hmm, I was running mIRC, Internet Explorer, WinAmp, SFP, eMule (P2P client). Nothing that would hog it, I think. I tried it just now, running less, still no luck.
To me it sounds like WinOsc has no understanding of what signal is being played back on my computer. That is why I tried with various drivers, but I don't know.

I run XP Pro, on a P3 1Gz, 512 SDRAM, Asus CUSL2-C board.

The Creamware Play/Rec driver is choosen as the default playback and record driver in XP.

What more would you like to know?

The problem regards all audio playback, not just WinAmp. Also, I get the same error on the newer WinOsc too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2003-12-29 11:33 ]</font>
LHong

Post by LHong »

>>>Well, I run a Pulsar II board. I tried both 16 and 24 bit resolution as the wave source driver. No wave destination driver was loaded...<<<

Here is something you can try:

Did you have "the wave destination, which is default by windows setting" in your Creamware project? if not try to load it and connect it to the wavesource or output mixer.
The problem seems be here!

In addition, try to use 16BIT/44.1khz wave formats, check the Creamware project, which is also set to 44.1khz. Note: it is very important to match the samplerate. Of course, you must restart apps, if any changed is made...

Then restart the FFT SA.

Let me know how it goes...

Hope this helps,
LongStudio

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LHong on 2003-12-30 15:50 ]</font>
voidar

Post by voidar »

Indeed, it works adding a wave dest, of course. It even works in 24 bit it seems. :smile:
LHong

Post by LHong »

On 2003-12-30 05:15, voidar wrote:
Indeed, it works adding a wave dest, of course. It even works in 24 bit it seems. :smile:
I'm glad that it solved the problem for you.

Basically, most of developers do not support any issues on the free tool like this, you have what As-It-Is by your own risk, but here we always have wanted to hear from you. If there is such a problem or bug in the program, we shall try our best to help.

Keep in mind, no matter how well we had tested, it might still has hidden bugs or problems on some certain configuration setups. So, if that is a case, please describe in detail how to reproduce it, your current setup like soundcard, your PC configuration and which programs are running along with it, in order to serve you quickly.

Thanks for your interesting,
Happy New Year, Everyone,

LongStudio

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LHong on 2004-01-18 18:52 ]</font>
voidar

Post by voidar »

Glad to help, and be helped.

Happy new year!
Casper

Post by Casper »

Very nice analizer indeed! Like was sad before , exponential display is a must due to our hearing. Better is logarithmic scaling i think because thats how our ear process al the frequenties anyway..

But very nice work ! Keep it up!

greatz Casper (NL)
LHong

Post by LHong »

Casper,
I have the release version, which will have the exponential display as you have suggested and will be soon to upload here. Please check it out later.

Regards,
LongStudio
On 2004-07-01 20:02, Casper wrote:
Very nice analizer indeed! Like was sad before , exponential display is a must due to our hearing. Better is logarithmic scaling i think because thats how our ear process al the frequenties anyway..

But very nice work ! Keep it up!

greatz Casper (NL)
LHong

Post by LHong »

Hi all,

We have the updated Audio Spectrum Analyzer program to V1.00 Release.

What's new:
1> Preference Wave-in driver: Assignable wave driver per instances.
2> CPU meter indicator.
3> Peak hold parameter.
4> Decay Mode supports Exponent, Stepup and Uniform.
5> CPU Priority: Realtime, Normal and Low.
6> FFT Frequency scale: Selectable 22Khz,11Khz,5Khz and 2.5Khz.
7> FFT Windows and Lot of more...

Have fun,
LongStudio
Casper

Post by Casper »

Wouw LHong ,

much improvements have been made!
The thing i meant last time, is implemented as the scale function. Thats great!

Thanks again LongStudio!!

Grt,

Casper :grin:
handycap

Post by handycap »

Hi,
I really like the longstudio analyzer. It's the best tool of all that i've been testing.
question/suggestion: is it possible to display a wave-out signal? couldn't find a way to do so. In general, why are most analyzer for input only, i need it for output.
would be nice if an option could be implemented-or is this technical difficult.

thanks
handycab
LHong

Post by LHong »

Handycap,
Thanks for your interest!
Your input is great! so that you can do the inserting this to other tool or mixer as pass through. Keep in mind, the Spectrum Analyzer is not needed the output, that's all!
We have many other utilities like Native (Software DSP) Eq, Reverb and phaser-shift effect processing (all kinds) as standalone. When you open it, it has Inputs and outputs, one of 16 channels can be assigned, depends on your soundcard supported. However, the users here are having Scope platform (Realtime DSP), we just do not see any interest, unless many of you requested here?

What soundcard do you have, by the way?

How about this one, it takes Input and output wave as well? You can use this Oscilloscope to the conjunction with the Spectrum Analyzer.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=13&8

Have fun,
LongStudio
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

can i work this spectrum with Asio? i mean with sfp? or does creamware has its own spectrum analizer?

Thanks
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

You can use it with SFP, just have it take one of the Creamware WDM inputs and it fine.
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

Thanks symbiote,
we also need a good asio analizer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: firubbi on 2005-03-29 10:57 ]</font>
LHong

Post by LHong »

Thanks everyone for the interest.
Currently, it does not support the ASIO driver.
Due to that it might has the conflicted with other VST host or difficulty for individual input selection per instances, since ASIO does not handle well multiple VST hosts.

Hope this helps,
LongStudio
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

Elemental Audio have a free spectrum analyzer available (VST, AU and ProTools versions) called Inspector, that you can easily load on a mixer strip in your sequencer to monitor ASIO signals (you can load several of them to monitor all sorts of stuff too.) It's really neat, you can get it here:

http://www.elementalaudio.com/downloads/index.html
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

Thanks symbiote. can't wait to see what happens :smile: