Presets and how to create them? (SDK 7)

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

DragonSF

Presets and how to create them? (SDK 7)

Post by DragonSF »

Question: In my new device, I can drag and drop vars into the parameter list. But how can I create presets for those parameters? I've been reading the SDK docs from start to end (and vice versa) and am not a bit wiser. The doc touches the topic, but doesn't explain, how to do this. Any samples/help is appreciated.
RA

Re: Presets and how to create them? (SDK 7)

Post by RA »

Select your device. Open both parameterlist and presetlist. Freeze them. Now...in the left column of parameterlist initialize tree(right click) dunno how it is called exactly...at work here haha. Now you get a folder with all your vars sorted. Drag and drop that folder to your presetlist(make new list if it doesnt already exist....in your project tree you should see a go for the preset list. You should get a list of your vars and parameters in that list. Save your device and just to be sure reload it. It should now be capable of saving presets. Hope it helps a bit...cause yes...it is a pain in the ass to figure out ;)

If you fail...ill check later today for the exact procedure and names.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

After reading the rough doc, I found one point: there is no presetlist. I see the green checks, which can be switch on or off, but no list.
OK, after re-installing the list seems to be there. I'll try again.
RA

Post by RA »

In the presetlist window....create a new one. That creates a default go or module for the device.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Problem: there was no preset-list window. Now it is.I hope it's getting done with your hints.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

OK, now I can create the list and store the data, but can't recall any preset (by clicking on the P) in the preset list. Am I missing something?
Also, after reopening the project, I can't open the preset-list from the surface anymore!?
RA

Post by RA »

Did you save your device and loaded the newly saved device in your project to check the workings?

Else i could make a reader on this
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Saved, reloaded, restarted - did everything I could think of.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

I also followed these instructions (to no avail other that I now can open the PL at will):
10. Close the 'PresetParameterList' window.
11. Select the newly created PresetList in the Project Explorer.
12. Go to the PadList & drag the 2 parameters named 'PresetList1' & 'PresetList2' accross to the 'Parameter' list.
13. Making sure the presetlist is still selected, drag the LastRestoredPreset pad in the PadList accross to the 'Parameter' list.
14. Rename the 'LastRestoredPreset' parameter to 'cwLastRestoredPreset'.
15. Connect the presetlist button 'val' parameter on your device surface panel to the PresetList 'show' parameter.
16. Save your project, then delete all circuit gos or optimize 4 XTC, protect then save parent module as mdl or dev.
17. Close sdk not saving on way out & open Scope.
18. Load your new module & open it's preset list window.
19. Create a new bank with your default/factory pres inside it, then save the new bank as a .pre in your Scope presets folder.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

After 2 days of fiddling:
Steps 12-15 are not necessary. Presets don't work with values on the surface. Some magic parameters (ShowPreset and cwMidiChannels) have to be present in the parameter-list. And most important: the device must ne protected. In that way, I could restore presets.
RA

Post by RA »

Hi dragonsf, my kids slurped all my time.

Good to read that you got it working for you. Although it works different for me and i dont have to protect nor include magic parameters to get it working. Still...im gonna make a reader on this so you can try. Hopefully it will be of some help in the future. Also you dont want it to work with the parameters on the surface...connect those to dummy pads...and save the dummypads instead. This way if you change surface knobs and buttons you keep compatibility.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Hi RA, you're right. I got it also working in unprotected mode. Don't know, how I did it, but it's OK now. And thanks for the dummy pad advice, that helps.
RA

Post by RA »

I have started to make some readers on the SDK, which can be found here:
http://dnamusic.nl/dNa.Scope/index.php/ ... s-n-tricks

Maybe you can check if all works out for you. Thanks!

I will be making some more in the next couple of days i hope
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow! that's great!
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Thanks, quite useful. On SDK 5/7 the controls/menus look slightly different. And there are not 'Dummy Pads' anymore. Instead use 'Audio or Control Pad'. One question regarding GUI: how did you move the controls on the panel? I'm not able to do this with the mouse, I have to use the 'Dimesion' tool. Yes, I'm in surface mode. Maybe there is a trick to do that.
RA

Post by RA »

As you can see in the reader on dummypads i use the audio and/or control pad to make dummy pads.

For moving stuff on the panel...goto surface mode and with the cursor in move or edit mode i can move gui parts around
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

RA wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 pm As you can see in the reader on dummypads i use the audio and/or control pad to make dummy pads.

For moving stuff on the panel...goto surface mode and with the cursor in move or edit mode i can move gui parts around
That's what I thought, but nothing's moving.
RA

Post by RA »

There is another hidden option when you right click the panel module...think it is hidden there...or the surface interface module connected to panel...disable move...maybe that flag or another is causing this.

Or what you can do...open a basic empty effect or something....and copy all your stuff into that panel...does it work then? Gui editing is one of the harder things todo in sdk.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Right clicking and changing the flags: no avail. Creating an emty effect: all the controls are outside the panel, they move with the panel, but can't be moved inside.
RA

Post by RA »

Try to unset the custom vert and horiz size....so the viewtree group to auto. Do this in the GO editor. Probably there is a clip select flag set to the panel or group and the size is incorrectly set. Together with the clip select this can be the problem. Clip select means you cannot select outside the group.