Any way to save presets in modular 2

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

faxinadu

Re: Any way to save presets in modular 2

Post by faxinadu »

hey i don't have an answer but would just like to say, props on the persistence and what you are learning here! good stuff! i don't think most devs on scope (including us so far) get to that area of what you are exploring now, awesome and keep going!!!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
sharc

Post by sharc »

DragonSF wrote:
Image2.png
I'm a little step farther now: I can read/write array elements from/to file, but I haven't find a way to iterate the index in the ArrayIterator. I can do this manually and get the actual data, but I want to use something, which does this for each index (incl. read/write). Any ideas, how to accomplish that?
Or is there a function, which converts arrays to string (CSV) and vice versa?
In this case you're probably better using the IniIntInterface.pep unless there's a need for strings.

For string arrays you can use the tabletextfader to edit the strings in a string array via selected index, but off the top of my head I can't think of a way to split a string array to individual string pads like the ArrayIntSplitter does with integer pads.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

faxinadu wrote:hey i don't have an answer but would just like to say, props on the persistence and what you are learning here! good stuff! i don't think most devs on scope (including us so far) get to that area of what you are exploring now, awesome and keep going!!!
Thanks! Regarding 'persistence': does anybody know, how to make a module persistent? I'm getting always complains for modules being non-persistent.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Set Persistent to true (1) in the ModuleLoader PadList to avoid the non-persistent errors
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Got it. Now the main question: how does the ArrayIterator work, i.e. when does the iteration start?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

I found a way to save all array elements to the text-file, but they are not reloaded at load time (even if I click the read-menu).Is it possible, that the MS EG has read-only arrays? Any way to change that?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Thanks for all the support, but I'm leaving the pep approach path. There is no documentation for it, more guessing than having a clear picture and strange behavior.
My new approach is ScopeFX (with Juse) and I'm quite happy: there are some docs, I can debug with VC and write my own code (and it's seem to be working). Thanks to Will, who showed methis way.
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

Sorry to revive an old thread. ScopeFX with Juce? Could you show me this "way"? THANKS!

Cheers
Søren