Knobman

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Knobman

Post by Refrochia »

Hi all

Does anyone know if Knobman can be used to create knob graphics for use with SDK 5.1?

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

I've downloaded it and it can export tga files stitched or as individual bitmaps but when I try and load one of the stitched files into the SDK as an animation it displays all the frames in one long strip. I've also tried to load the same file into the SDK via the "Central" dialog box. Before changing the graphic - the original pot graphic is previewed as a row of frames so thought that this would work but it didnt. I could be doing something wrong in SDK I guess because I havent got a clue what I'm doing yet!

Also, what the difference between loading the graphic in via the "Central" dialog as opposed to the "Bitmaps/Animations" dialog box?

Any help appreciated! :D

Thanks
Peter4724

Re: Knobman

Post by Peter4724 »

Hi Refrochia

Here you have a test file with the setting for Scope SDK5.1
You must export to TGA file with alpha like this "pot_100.tga"

r
Peter
Knob.PNG
Knob.PNG (33.31 KiB) Viewed 3321 times
Attachments
Potti_Test.zip
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Refrochia

Re: Knobman

Post by Refrochia »

Hey Peter

Thanks for the reply!

I managed to figure out where I was going wrong last night but wanted to test further this evening before updating this topic.

The mistake I was making was naming the exported TGA files incorrectly. I called it test.tga which didnt work. test1.tga also didnt work. I had to call it test01.tga

With test.tga only one image would load
test1.tga resulted in only a few images loading (presumably test1.tga through to test9.tga with test10.tga and higher being ignored)

I'm guessing that test001.tga would be required if there were more than 100 TGA files (not that that many would be necessary :o )

Nice example BTW - mine are quite basic in comparison so thanks for the example!

Cheers
R