Pot behavior

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soren_jepsen

Pot behavior

Post by soren_jepsen »

Is there a way to give the pot's a 365 degree feel, like and "endless" encoder?

Cheers
Soje
jksuperstar

Re: Pot behavior

Post by jksuperstar »

In order to jump from Maximum to Minimum when the knob is turned passed max?

I don't think that's possible. You would most likely need a switch that toggles between the two values (max/min) to force send those values, if that was the effect you were after. However, maybe there is a trick in the SDK I am unaware of.

But if you just want to use a more circle like control, instead of controlling knobs like a fader, that adjustment can be made in the scope settings.
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

Thanks for your reply :-)

Yes, it's the corcular motion I'm after. When you choose the circular motion, instead of up/down, there's an area in the circular motion around the pot, where it doesn't repond. You can change the graphics of the pot to 365 degrees of rotation, but it's the feel I'm after :-)

Cheers
Soje
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Ah, I see what you are looking for, and I have a related problem.

It would be nice to have a mode that responds to the full circle. And more, I would it to respond to relative motion, instead of absolute position, so that sudden jumps to the new position don't happen. This translates to a touch interface better.

I wonder if scope 6 and Juce provide such a thing.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

You can definitely change this in Juce using the setRotaryParameters() method of the Slider class:

https://www.juce.com/api/classSlider.ht ... 3c7ffd26fb