Status on SDK6?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soren_jepsen

Status on SDK6?

Post by soren_jepsen »

Anyone know this? Last time I recieved info regarding alpha/beta was a year ago (*sigh*).

Cheers
Søren
fra77x

Re: Status on SDK6?

Post by fra77x »

Are you waiting for any specific function? Just curious..

Is SDK 5 limiting for your needs? What are you planning to program?
garyb

Post by garyb »

you can have it...
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

This message is not intended to hammer on SC!

fra77x:

SDK5.1 beta has some really weired quirks, and in a couple of places seems to be 2 versions slapped together. On top of that, you have no access to atoms, which has been something I kept bumping into. Sharc has been extremely helpfull, and sent me some modules on several occations, since he had access to atoms in SDK4......

I was informed of a beta release of SDK6 a year ago, and downloaded that. However, it just wasn't stable enough, and I went to dance around SDK5.1beta

I'm new to the SDK, and my only release so far is the Odessa 1 synth. I have a couple of other synths I want to make, but I keep bumping my head into limitations. It might be possible to work around those, but the detour seems to wast.

I would like to get into programming FX too, but I need more experience before doing that.

Gary: sent you a pm

Cheers
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Hi,

yes i undestand. And for me when i moved from 4.0 to 5.1 some things terrorized me but now i work for about a year in the 5.1 and it's almost the same. Most important change is the slow "abandonment" of the "pc" atoms, I mean the atoms that use the cpu for calculations that are currently still working but they don't show their connections. The best solution for this is to use the async atoms that use the dsp for calculation. They consume some resources but they worth it.

The version of sdk6 i have, is still inmature, just a proof of the concept, not to say a disproof of it...

I respond to these posts because pressure to the developers always leads to compromises and errors, without any real need.
By my experience the sdk 5.1 is a very powerful and modern prototyping and development dsp audio environment quite unexplored.
With the new GUISDK you can create new interfaces and almost anything else through dll's and combine them with the common circuit design. For me there is no reason even for an sdk 5.2. With the 5.1 sdk and GUISDK their is no problem to implement for example gesture control, or any other new age technique. I'm currently designing an opengl interface for a device in scope. Of course i need at least a year to finish it, because of my full schedule. (i'm a musician also)

I have noticed that there are several dsp files not included. Perhaps we could upload a zip file with all the old dsp files which some of are very important.

Regards,
John
dawman

Post by dawman »

Is this where the Stecki files come in handy?