ModuleParameters in SDK5

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

w_ellis

ModuleParameters in SDK5

Post by w_ellis »

Are people using the ModuleParameters window successfully in SDK5? I downloaded the extra .pep script package and put it into the App/Script/App folder, which means that the window now loads, but I can't add new Parameter entries to it. I can edit existing entries, or replace them, but dragging a Pad into the window doesn't do anything. I'm still very much a noob at the SDK though, so I could be doing something daft. Here's a capture of what I'm doing:
SDK.gif
SDK.gif (44.04 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
w_ellis

Re: ModuleParameters in SDK5

Post by w_ellis »

P.S. Other useful information... I'm using it with an Xite-1 on Windows 7 64bit Professional, although have also tested in Windows XP and Windows 8 with the same result. I've also tried launching the app as Administrator with no difference.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Bump :) Would be great if anyone could give this a go and check whether it's working for them in SDK5...
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

I think it has something to do with presets, so you have to drag n drop stuff in there. I may have things mixed up thou. There's a guide in a thread somewhere around here about setting up the presets in SDK. I believe it was also added to the SDK doc, that collected knowledge shared in here.

Cheers
Søren
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Cheers Søren, great tip to check that doc. So, the key is to drag the pads into the ModuleParameterTree, not the ModuleParameters window. Once they're in there, you need to hit F5, which refreshes the view in the MP window and voila you have your new Parameters.

One other gotcha is that it seems the two can get out of sync, so if the MP window has entries that the MPT doesn't, you can drag from the MP to the MPT initially to get them back in sync. Otherwise, as soon as you add to the MPT, it'll clear the other entries from the MP :) All makes perfect sense now!