Connections and midi control

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soren_jepsen

Connections and midi control

Post by soren_jepsen »

Maybe I'm just paranoid and a bit manic :-)

I'm wiring up a circuit with groups of modules folded together (mixers, filters etc.). I'm trying to get things ready to set the whole thing up for presets.

So I'm having three circuit level pots connected to a mix3 module, and to controller pads that are exported. The pot are set up with CtrlNr under vars in the pad list.

However, when I save, close and reopen the project, the mix3 modules c1, c2 and c3 are connected "Midi Contr Filter I/O..." via antennas, instead of to the circuit level pots.

Why are the routing taking this detour by itself? Is there a (more) right way to hook things up?

Regards
Søren
garyb

Re: Connections and midi control

Post by garyb »

to save midi control settings, you need to make a midi preset for the device.
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

garyb wrote:to save midi control settings, you need to make a midi preset for the device.

Thanks for your answer (wow, that was fast :-)). I probably was't too clear in my question. It's not the preset I'm asking about, but the routing.

The SDK changes the control routing, so everything goes thru the "Midi Contr Filter I/O..." module, instead of straight to the "target" module. Is this intentionally or just some other weired quirk?

....am I making sense?

Regards
Søren
garyb

Post by garyb »

ahh, ok i was no help.

i'm not the right guy to answer. sorry... :oops: