Scope SDK Learning Curve

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

YISH313z

Scope SDK Learning Curve

Post by YISH313z »

How is it Straight out of the box, compared to SynthMaker, Its still foggy as to the level of functions atoms provide.
What Id really like to know is how difficult is creating a waveplayer like the free one, but further expanding on that concept to a super key or instrument sampler. blah blah blah.

Do Atoms or are there Atoms that inherently provide this function or will this require deep coding?

Man...I came real close to getting an SP card for cheap on Ebay, but someone else apparently needed it more than I. :lol:
YISH313z

Re: Scope SDK Learning Curve

Post by YISH313z »

No takers?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I'd put Modular on the same level as SynthMaker. That's also a form of SDK, since you can save as it's own device, with it's own presets. It just doesn't have a custom gui you can make besides the MRC panel.

The real SDK, has a lot more programming skills involved, even if it's all graphical. And you can make something simple fairly easily, or get as low-level and deep as you can, piece by piece, or script on the host machine, or ....
dawman

Post by dawman »

jksuperstar wrote:I'd put Modular on the same level as SynthMaker. That's also a form of SDK, since you can save as it's own device, with it's own presets. It just doesn't have a custom gui you can make besides the MRC panel.

The real SDK, has a lot more programming skills involved, even if it's all graphical. And you can make something simple fairly easily, or get as low-level and deep as you can, piece by piece, or script on the host machine, or ....
bribe guys that will create something simple for you.
I have several live valuable tools that don't exist in Native, buthen again I don't use many Native apps. I believe Native's strengths are for Audio and MIDI sequencing......it excells at that. What's odd is I use 3 synths, a few effects a hardware compressor and PCM70 Reverb for obvious reasons, and that's it.
Many of my friends have synths and effects that take up pages.
I understand the need for a specific synth, and Modular IV provides me with every type of synthesis known to me, and I can always call up a patch, if it's something I don't have I go to the sites and check, but in all honesty Assafs Synthschool videos were the best tips I ever learned, except those from Pianists I studied with or got my ass kicked by.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Hey YISH313z

I wanted to do something similar when I was tinkering around with the SDK but i couldnt figure it out.

See this thread I made:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25221

Got a few replies but none really answered the question. To me it looks like you need to be incorporating the script files into a project but I never figured out a way how to do this.

I havent had SDK for a while and on win7 now so need to buy the license looking to get back into it once I've been on holiday though

Cheers
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

Well I have yet to get a 14 dsp card to do any SDK programming, so I have no way of looking at the SDK to even attempt anything, but thanks for the heads up on the PEP issue, I'll remember to reference that post if and when I get to that bridge.