Scope SDK - Surface-Design help

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

thehe

Scope SDK - Surface-Design help

Post by thehe »

Hey guys,

i'm totally confused with creating the surface-design in SDK...

I do not get the logic behind and i'm missing a lot of "surface-thingy's" like "ModuleDrop" or something to create the surface...

In case of Circuit, my first bigger device works tough, but you need a good surface - anybody out there who can help me a little bit via Instant Messaging or something?

Greetings,
Robin
Warp69

Re: Scope SDK - Surface-Design help

Post by Warp69 »

You should have 2 folders called 'Device Design' and 'Surface Design' which contains templates and modules to build your surface.
thehe

Post by thehe »

Warp69 wrote:You should have 2 folders called 'Device Design' and 'Surface Design' which contains templates and modules to build your surface.
yes, i know, but there are a lot of things missing!

take - for example - the "InsertSlot S".. there you need a ModuleDrop for the Slot in the GUI - i can grab it out here, but can't find that in the Surface-Design...

Additional, I can't get it working to get a "DefaultPanel" with a button or something - it just won't work if I put in a "Button" under the Tree of "DefaultPanel"...

HEEEELP! :)
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

thehe wrote:yes, i know, but there are a lot of things missing!
Oh yes. That's why we have uploaded additional documentation in one of the threads. There exist a lot modules not present in the current version of the SDK.
thehe wrote:take - for example - the "InsertSlot S".. there you need a ModuleDrop for the Slot in the GUI - i can grab it out here, but can't find that in the Surface-Design...
Correct - you'll have to copy the 'Insert Load' section (under Panel) in the 'InsertSlot S' module and paste it to your own panel.
thehe wrote:Additional, I can't get it working to get a "DefaultPanel" with a button or something - it just won't work if I put in a "Button" under the Tree of "DefaultPanel"...
I might not understand your problem - you're starting with the Empty Effect template?
thehe

Post by thehe »

I might not understand your problem - you're starting with the Empty Effect template?
not really... the module is really heavy and i started it from scratch (i didn't want to have the text-thingys with "here put your output" from the templates ;-) )

so... the default-panel in SDK is fixed size and does not show ANYTHING i paste in there... :/
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Press the edit button at the top of the environment - then you're able to delete the text 'Connect the audio inputs.....' etc.

Then move your algorithm module to the Empty Effect module and start from there.
thehe

Post by thehe »

Warp69 wrote:Press the edit button at the top of the environment - then you're able to delete the text 'Connect the audio inputs.....' etc.

Then move your algorithm module to the Empty Effect module and start from there.
thank you very much, i'll try that!
earth

Post by earth »

ok so there is a basic knoledge to this ,,,,,,,, not tooo complex

just connect a button or knob to the pad val
you have a Dsp moudule and you got a serface insrance
(panel is a moudule with strings var etc on it)
bassicly the best way to desighn a surface is to connect knobs to well you decide

:) som5 you get export errors