Help, midi problems

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

Help, midi problems

Post by winger »

I have a couple of projects that I broke somehow and cannot figure out how. In each of the projects I have some midi controls that do not work correctly. I set the controller number and they work. But when I save them and restore them then quit working and I must re-assign them. (not all controls give me problems.) The midi channels are save in the parameter list but I have no prest list. I tried saving the CtrlNbr in the arguement list but that does not help. The saved value shows up in the controll, but only works after I unset the control number and reset it again.

Any ideas?
mark winger
dawman

Re: Help, midi problems

Post by dawman »

I still have that problem too.
I thought I had fixed it by placing a ( - ) in front of the MIDI CC Bank so it would occupy the very first place in a preset list.
After that I just recall presets by using note on/offs on nn:60 - nn:128 of a zone that an Analog SYnth Bass uses nn:000-059.
It seems to work on everything except Modular for me atm.
Try placing the MIDI CC Bank as the first in the preset list and see if that works.

Ciao
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

winger wrote:I have a couple of projects that I broke somehow and cannot figure out how. In each of the projects I have some midi controls that do not work correctly. I set the controller number and they work. But when I save them and restore them then quit working and I must re-assign them. (not all controls give me problems.) The midi channels are save in the parameter list but I have no prest list. I tried saving the CtrlNbr in the arguement list but that does not help. The saved value shows up in the controll, but only works after I unset the control number and reset it again.

Any ideas?
are these the same controls each time ? same CC each time ? same device ? or all random ?
winger

Post by winger »

I was using a Master fader control(not sure if this is the exact name. Big vertical fader with markings for fader positions on the GO. I deleted it and added it back in, no help. I then deleted it and replaced it with a different fader and now it works. But I have used that same control in other projects successfully so I know the control can work. It is a mystery to me.
mark winger