CPU usage (voices)

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

CPU usage (voices)

Post by winger »

How do you disable modules that are not used within a device. I am working on a channel strip like device containing a compressor and multiband eq. I have bypass buttons for each. How do I make the devices not consume the resources needed for the compressor and/or eq when they are bypassed>

A second question, is there a way to disable the entire device if inputs or oututs have nothing connected?

Thanks-Mark
mark winger
winger

Re: CPU usage (voices)

Post by winger »

OK, if I understand this correctly if I set the voices of parent to 0 in the parent of the device, it unloads.

If I have 2 modules (compressor and eq) in a single device, can I organize it so the parent of the compressor and parent of the eq have at 'voices of parent' in them as well as the parent of the whole device. By setting the voices of parent in these can I unload them individually or the whoe device?
mark winger
winger

Post by winger »

Thanks, I will.
mark winger
tgstgs

Post by tgstgs »

its no complete unload theres some bits left;
this could sum up in a mixer

good vibes
winger

Post by winger »

Well, I got it to work for the entire device, but not yet to disable eq and compression separately.

If I put parent voices in the top parent of the device and set voices to 0 with the mute control, then I could not do anything with the device via midi. I could not longer turn in back on via mida. So I folded everything but the meters down one level, so the surface is one level above the circuit. Then it worked. But I did not get much cpu saving, maybe 20%. Better than nothing, but not as much as I expected. The surface and connections to the circuitry must keep more loaded that I would have thought.

Still trying to understand it completely.
mark winger