Line Text

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

Line Text

Post by winger »

This should be an easy question. I wanted to put a editalbe text like and a go, so if you have sever of the same device open you could tell them appart. For example, say you had 3 or 4 eqs patched in line to a mixer and you whated the text one one to say guitar, bass on another.

I was able to do this with a line text (I think that's what it was). When you opened the device you could edit the field. However, I could not get that field to save with the project. I added the string valued of it to the paramater list, but when I load it always goes back to the default value. Am I trying to save the wrong paramater?
mark winger
roy thinnes

Re: Line Text

Post by roy thinnes »

use "standard text", and save <Str> in parameter and preset parameter list.
winger

Post by winger »

Sorry, I did not use "Single line text, I used "NewText" as found in ./surface Design/text.

What is 'Standard Text" ?
mark winger
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

CircuitDesign/CircuitControls.
newText is ok too, if you change the Disabled var to 0.
and it has the advantage that you can also use non-standard fonts, because the text is saved as a (editable) GO.
winger

Post by winger »

I can get newText to work ok but I cannot save it. Putting the str value in the paramaters does not work.

I tried using "standard text", but when I use the field and try type something into it, it displays only the first letter and follows it with a number. I can see the string data I entered in the attributes of the pad but it displays wrong. The format field is blank so I tried changing it to %20s, but then when I edit the field it says something to the effect of only allowing 1 argument. Any more ideas?
mark winger
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

new text: did you change the "Disabled" var from 1 to 0?
standard text: format field is blank by default and shouldn’t be modified. sorry, no idea why it does not display correctly.
installation issue again? (I had no install problems at all, but as it had been a problem for you before...)
winger

Post by winger »

The disable flag was 0 already. If I set it, to 1, then I could not change the string. This is what I would expect. There must be some other reasone it cannot be restored. Is there an attribute somewhere that enables/disables restore? THere is a restore level in the context menu of a pad setting 'restore in preset' or 'don't restore in preset' or 'don't restore after loading'. (from chapter 3). I am away from home now so I cannot check, but if the were set to 'don't restore after loading' would that stop it from restoring, or does this do something else?

Installation issue? I hope not. If it is, then the sdk has some serious install problems. I did a complete uninstall/re-install a few days ago to fix the paramater list.
mark winger
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Installation issue? I hope not. If it is, then the sdk has some serious install problems
not at all. as I mentioned, my sdk install was fast and flawless. it only came to my mind because you had install problems before.

forget about that 'restore in preset' flags, of course every var can be restored in presets by default.
no, I think you made some other mistake, maybe forgetting to save the str in the ppl, whatever.
see, whether you want a pot, a fader or a textmodule in the preset list, it’s always the same procedure. and as you already got the fader working, I think you’ll be successful with the standard text too.
hope to see your first device when I come back from vacation in a week. :D