Shiow surface

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

Shiow surface

Post by winger »

Is there a way to have a surface show or hide via a midi command. I have many devices that look the same and I would like to press a button on my bcf 2000 and have a specific surface pop up.

Second question, can the device name be modified so the device in the routing windows can be uniquely identified? For example if I have 3 low pass fillters patched to ch1, ch2 and ch3, can the names be lpf1, lpf2,lpf3 ( or something similar). Right no they are all lpf. I would also like that name to appear on the device surface.
mark winger
winger

Re: Shiow surface

Post by winger »

I figured out how to show/hide via midi. Still wondering if anyone know how to do the labeling question.
mark winger
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I think you have to set up two (or more) texts and make them displayed according to a data value (same variable as the one used for for showing hiding the surface ...

or display the channel number as a text variable close to a static text.
winger

Post by winger »

That makes sense on how to display it. But how do I get the number to display. If I have 2 devices loaded, how do I make the first one be number 1, and the second number 2. When one loads can I tell how many are already loaded?
mark winger