modifying modules

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

modifying modules

Post by winger »

I would like to have a simple parametric eq that all the controls can be changed by midi. For example, take the 4 band parametric eq and mid-ize. First, how do you get the surface to display. Do you have to create your own surface or can you use the one provided.

Then how do you set the channel? How do you connect the midi to the controls. The documentation is quiet on this. It simply says add the midi controller linker and the midi channel linker, connect the CH to CCon and export the midi pad. Is this supposed to be all there is to it. How do you select midi channels and controller numbers.

I'm confused.....
mark winger
winger

Re: modifying modules

Post by winger »

Ok, I have no problem with building my own, but why do they provide a surface that is not to be used? Knobs, controls, pads, ect that are not needed, resource waste isn't ti?
mark winger
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Exactly, then you can experiment a bit before diving into the final device design ....
winger

Post by winger »

Ok, I did that. I built a different surface for the 4 band peq. Looks good. I tried to put the frequency response graph but having problems. I moved the node of the EQdispaly up to my it is on the same level as my knobs. The display showed up and I was able to place it on the surface. But when I save the device and load it in to scope, the gracp does not show up (It does when loaded in the sdk). Look at it's go tree it shows as visable.

Anyone know what I am missing?
mark winger