SDK requirement

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

frokka

SDK requirement

Post by frokka »

Just wondering, the choice of releasing the SDK only to 14 DSP card owners,
it this likely a business oriented decision, or are there technical barriers for the SDK with combinations of 3 and 6 DSP cards? If say someone has 2 Pulsar II's and one Luna, totalling 15 DSPs, they also spent just as much money as someone with a 14 DSP card (or actually more), so I don't quite see how a financial concern could be warranted.

/frokka
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Re: SDK requirement

Post by kylie »

frokka wrote:Just wondering, the choice of releasing the SDK only to 14 DSP card owners,
it this likely a business oriented decision, or are there technical barriers for the SDK with combinations of 3 and 6 DSP cards?
it is primarily a decision of CW/SC that was not explained further when made. if you think they're going to tell you why you might ask them (but, to be honest, I would be surprised if they did).
I like to think of it as a combination of several reasons. ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
next to nothing

Re: SDK requirement

Post by next to nothing »

Its a business desicion. And i dont blame them by the way.

One of the more prominent release on this platform was built on Scope DP running on a 7DSP system as far as i know.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.