can someone clearly explain how to make animated buttons, sl

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Philippe

Post by Philippe »

I'm verry new in graphics development . I can design graphics but haven't figured out how to make the movements in DP.
A really good explenation could help.
I'm using Photoshop 6 to design. Can someone help me out with a step-to-step manual ?

verry mucht appreaciated

Philippe Meiresonne
huicholity

Post by huicholity »

Hi,
for creating pots or switchs, you need to create a "sequence" of BMP files, with the same name xxx01.bmp , xxx02.bmp , and so on...
after, in the scope DP you can replace a standard pot with your own by loading the first picture, the Scope will find the others and create the animation...
But maybe 3ds is a best choice for creating pots...
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Ok here is an example.
grab the free controls from http://www.neutron7.com
you can unzip them and use them right away.

all you have to do is take open the dialog which looks like a little movie strip "bitmaps and animations?" somethiong like that i havent got scope on then click on the knob and click the folder icon then point it to the first file from the zip "blah0000.tga"

the knob will change to that one. now if you examine the files in photosho you will see they are just TGAs numbered 0000 to oo32.
3d studio MAX will actually create TGAs with the proper file numbers scope likes and the alpha channel allready done, as long as you do not use any background.

if you want to change the bitmap used for a switch clink on the switch and then on the "gos" panel. you will probably see something like "bitmapon" and "bitmapoff" with those highlighted you can replace them with the same tool. if a go (graphic object) is a "dynamic bitmap" you will have to use that tool instead.

to make a "meter" move it is just the same as a knob. you can hook a knob up to a control level and watch it moove. just replace the graphics of the knob with what you have made. (you have to put vu meter module in between for audio signals)

i hope this makes sense..i am a bit tired :smile:
hojoon

Post by hojoon »

You can use Flash to create animation.
Drawing a full animation of photoshop is not an easy part, Even though you have to learn flash.

Hojoon