experimental interface for scope

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

experimental interface for scope

Post by Neutron »

I happen to have a spare fostex VC8 el cheapo ADAT converter at the moment so i thought i would try building this

http://vimeo.com/2433260?pg=embed&sec=2433260

i can do almost everything quite easy
build the thing, no prob i probably have most of the stuff.
generating 8 frequencies in scope..duh
extracting the amount of each frequency per input. probably can be done with 8 channel vocoder front ends, otherwise separate filters and envelope followers.
then i would end up with an 8x8 grid of 64 control values.

now to make them in to 1-? useful values of X,Y and Z
thats the last bit "centride function" if thats what he said. i guess its sort of an to give the absolute XY output positions when between the various positions i wonder if it can be done in scope?

it would be multi touch and fast enough to control synths and stuff. most multi touch only updates at 30hz, this works at audio speed. and it can be pressure sensetive and look at that drum control he did there :D

theres loads of synth and effects you could do with that in scope
Neutron

Re: experimental interface for scope

Post by Neutron »

If it does not have enough signal output its nothing that cant be fixed with a quick visit to the national semiconductor web site for some free op amps or even line drivers :D
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

why max/msp? why not scope?
it REALLY looks impressive!
it's a completely new way of playing an instrument!
You can always buy a cheap ada8000 and use that for the ins/outs..
I want a DIY walkhtrough of this thing, and a vst/scope plugin version of the max/msp software!!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I am planning it now. i am going to make the bottom layer printed circuit board.

the device its self should be the easy bit. i think the programming thats going to be tough.
ooh i just thought of something :D
velocity sensitive monome !
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

stardust wrote:Of course I would also prefer scope - for the scope devices - but there is also native stuff to control like my Reaktor ;)
Im no techie, but i suspect the returned control signals could be fed into a modular 8-input shell for the signal processing which again could be fed via some nifty Wolf Midi Toolbox modules to the shells midi output, which again can be fed into whichever sequencer dest you want :)