tools

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

tools

Post by winger »

The Quick start manual says to use the oscilloscope found in the tools directory. I don't have a tools directory. Has this been dropped?
mark winger
Neutron

Re: tools

Post by Neutron »

winger wrote:The Quick start manual says to use the oscilloscope found in the tools directory. I don't have a tools directory. Has this been dropped?
It wasn't very good anyways, i use a real one, but there is also some software ones you can get, i seem to remember a winamp plugin that had an oscilloscope and also a spectrum analyzer, or you might have one in your sequencer you could use.
Shroomz~>

Re: tools

Post by Shroomz~> »

The oscilloscope I released for the modular is just a 1 to 1 version of the one for DP, but Neutron's correct - it's not that great. That scope for DP (imo) was only created as a quick in house visual reference for wave shaping development work in DP so that it's easy to see the effects of experimentation. It has that use as the modular version as well imo, but for a serious (detailed, hi res) visual reference you should definitely use a standalone scope, be it software or an external hardware unit.

Mark