Surface design Question

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

Surface design Question

Post by winger »

I looking at using something like the EQ 4 pm 12 db parametrinc eq in a module. It has 12 knob and 12 text controls and a frequency graph. I understand how to extermalize all the controls, but how do I get the graphic display to appear in the surface of my device, resized if possible?
mark winger
voidar

Re: Surface design Question

Post by voidar »

In the EQs subtree there is a "panel". You will need to put this under your main devices subttreeand have them share the same SurfaceInterface. You can also have the EQ panel show up by the push of a button. It all comes down to the design.

Personally, I would rather just delete the EQs panel and SurfaceInterface and make my own controls, but it really depends on your situation.

This parametric EQ can be also found panel-less in the dsp list.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You can also save the EQ Display from the Parametric EQ as a new module from the Project Explorer (via right-click/save), then save it somewhere in your Surface Design folder like a new folder called 'Curves' for example. Then you'll be able to load the EQ Display whenever you want & connect up the relevant pads such as F1, Q1, G1 etc. To edit the size and appearance you can select the individual elements within the GOTree.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
Mark
winger

Post by winger »

Thanks,

I'll try that.
mark winger
winger

Post by winger »

I have been idle for a while but am now back on this project. I have been able to get the eq graph from the 4 band peq into my device both by moving the graph up in the tree, and by saving the graph as a module, then loading it in to my device. The problem is the device works great in the sdk, but when I save it as a device, and load it in sfp 4.5, the graph does not show up. http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28174

I cannot figure out why. I tried z-order, top, bottom flags etc. Shroomz, you suggested the saving of the graph idea but that does the same behavior. Any idea why I am having this problem?

The alternative would be to build a graph from scratch. But , I have no idea how to build a graph like this from scratch or I would try it. Anyone know how to do that?
mark winger