Alchemy synth project published with problems...

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Alchemy synth project published with problems...

Post by bosone »

http://www.alchemystudio.it/docs/SDKAlchemy.zip

This is the SDK project of my synth Alchemy. in its final vesion.
i still have some problems with preset handling... i just can't figure out.
in one of the last beta i have made, everything seeed to work. then i made some variations in the connection at the circuit level, while all the elements in the surface were the same.

now, when i save a preset file (for the "global synth") and then load it, SFP crashes.
i just cannot understand what's wrong.
so... since i just got tired of crashes and i don't have so much spare time in these days... i am publishing this .pro file. i decided from the beginning to share the source of the synth, but i would like to share a "working" project, now i was forced to change my mind.

have a look a the project (i will be happy if you are a newby like me and this project will help you to get some info about SDK logic), maybe get some ideas, correct my errors, or get inspiration from your upcoming works... i just ask that if you discover what is the cause of the error and make a "full working" version of the synth with the presets... just tell me where was the error and we will publish on the device section the final working version (with your name as credits, if you want! :-) )
bosone

Re: Alchemy synth project published with problems...

Post by bosone »

the main reason for posting the project was not to have a debug but to share my work, because there arent a lot of SDK examples, besides neutron's ones.

i originally intended to publish the working synth, but unfortunately it still lack the presets...
winger

Post by winger »

I tried to load your project and learn try to learn somehting as a newbee. But I get a problem dialog that says the file contains a configuration which does not match my hardware.

Then it asks me to tick the hardware and specify the activation key. Is an activation key required to load the project?

Mark
mark winger
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

you'll probably need a mod3 license to load the actual synth in Scope, so the same would apply to loading the project file into the sdk.
bosone

Post by bosone »

beside mod3, there could also be a problem related to gsome hardware module i have and you don't have.
my system is scope+pulsar1+luna, and i have loaded both pulsar and luna source/dest.
i think you can just ignore the message, delete the I/O modules that don't match your system and resave
winger

Post by winger »

That explains it. I have modular 2, but not 3.
mark winger