synth crash when i load the preset list

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

synth crash when i load the preset list

Post by bosone »

my synth "Alchemy" (see in the device section) crashes when i load the preset list from the SFP window.
i'm having trouble with preset handling.

first, i got crashes when i was removing the synth from SFP. then (after searching the forum) i addressed the problem as being the existence duplicated entries in the parameter window: basically i think moved into the parameter window both the entries from the ENV module and the pot controlling it.
so i solved this issue but rebuilding the presetparameter without duplicated entries, and the crash when the synth was removed from SFP was solved.

but now i have this other preset issue: all the preset load/save are correclty working, the synth works, but when i save the preset file, remove the synth (or close SFP), reload the synth and load the preset list, SFP crashes and i even get a window blue screen.

what can be the issue now!?!?!?!?

preset is the last thing i need for the first "official" release.

thanks!

by the way, after that, and after some testing (maybe there are minor issues to be solved), i will publish the SDK project as it is (is not very optimized, indeed!! it's one of my first devices!). but if someone is interested in this beta version right now just ask by email! ;-)
tgstgs

Re: synth crash when i load the preset list

Post by tgstgs »

if only valid parameters are in the parameterlist and in the presetlist only parameters of the parameterlist
elseif the presetlist is setup correct;
check whats checked in the parameters;

took me a lot of time to find out what the hell RP and so on means;
finaly if right mouseclick in the grey backrounded top line you are able to sort by -> getting the full name;

good vibes

edit : after reading your other post:

maybe macros to record and playback mousemovements are no good idea;
bosone

Re: synth crash when i load the preset list

Post by bosone »

after countless testing i think i have foudn the problem, which is related to the modular waldorf oscillators.
the waldorf pots were in the parameters windows and then in the preset parameters list.
the presence of those pots in the preset parameters list made the synth crash when i loaded the preset list!
now i have crated "dummy" pots linked to the waldorf ones and this seems to work

now i hope to be able finish my work! :-)