polyphony causing crash

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jah Servant

polyphony causing crash

Post by Jah Servant »

Hi guys,
I built a synth but I can't remove it or shut down scope with it loaded if the polyphony is higher than 1, and for this synth it's a must. It causes the computer to reboot everytime, any help :-?
sharc

Re: polyphony causing crash

Post by sharc »

Are you getting any error messages? Does it behave the same in the SDK?

If it's only doing it when you raise the polyphony it could be a module in there that doesn't like being loaded more than once. Try deleting any modules you suspect of causing this and try it out then.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

thanks Sharc, I tracked it down. It was happening in sdk and scope, it was the stereo chorus module
sharc

Post by sharc »

Glad to hear you figured it out 8)

If you want to lock the chorus module to one voice, you could put a DynVoicesOfParent module inside it with the voice count set to one (connect a range text to the Voices pad) and save the chorus module. Then if you load that into your circuit, it shouldn't give you any problems when changing the synth voice count.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

right, that's a good tip for the future. It's really not needed for the chorus to load in more than once. Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought of that, it's strange with sdk, little things that I know but I don't apply to situations, or it doesn't occur to me to do that, I was thinking of that module (dynamic voices of parent) really along the lines of synth polyphony more so than with any device you don't want to load more than once.

as it is I removed the chorus because it wasn't really necessary, I posted the synth already in the devices section, String Maching, if anybody want's a chorus it's easy enough to put one on the channel.