Interested in beta testing a new device?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Interested in beta testing a new device?

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi,

PM me if you're interested in beta testing a new Filtering device for Scope. You'd have to be willing & able to thoroughly test several versions & provide me with feedback.

cheers,
Mark

ChampionSound

Re: Interested in beta testing a new device?

Post by ChampionSound »

Hot Damn, Shroomz!! :o
The GUI and features look very impressive. Unfortunately I do not have the time to beta test this baby, nevertheless I hope we all can enjoy this great device when it's finished... :)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

That would be OK for me also, as soon as I come back from my weeks holliday with my wife and my 4 sons !!!

This GUI is just ... GREAT

CheerZ
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I hope we all can enjoy this great device when it's finished... :)
sure you can & no worries about the testing. I already had one possible tester & got another within 10 mins of posting this thread. Still open for more if anyone else is interested though. :)

edit - cool Hurolura. PM me when you get back & have a nice holiday! :)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Thanks Mark

Don't forget to "vote" there :
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 35&t=25686

:D
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ok, I voted for sharc & I. :D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

very nice. :D

looks like a commercial product.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Count me in, I have been Scopin' everyday for hours since I got my recordings and other apps up to snuff.

I would be trying out all of the LFO options right off the bat.

It looks very original. It's cool to see something not available in hardware available here. If it were hardware that thing would cost 5 large.

I'll be rehearsing and taking hourly breaks all night. I have my bass player staying with me till I say he's ready to gig. :lol: He is freaking out about my rig and the forum also, and wants to hear his Bass through your device.
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

pm sent (looks awesome)
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Thanks to you all. I've replied to your PM's. :)

It's changed a bit since I posted this thread, but nothing serious, just an improvement or 2. :wink:

JV, there's not much to the LFOs, since I've deliberately kept them as minimal as possible, but you might like the live retrig function which allows you to cue a delay offset between the 2 LFOs on the fly, then trigger them live at the push of a button to initiate the offset/delay.

Mark
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

What a beautiful work of art.
If it works anything as well as the controls and the look suggest, then i would love to test it, but im already a bit busy with a few things! and i probably couldn't be as thorough as you would like.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I especially like the GUI as it is a work of art, but the actual UI has me vry interested.

Each side;s controls are inverted. I am so use to seeing rows and knobs in the usual 123....123....123....

This really caught my attention somehow, and I can't explain it, horizontally looking at this there's Soft clip. amount, delay, bitz, etc. and they are repeated , the Gain was expected and I somehow prefer this. I find this appealing for some reason?

Maybe I am a bit dyslexic or something?

It reminds of when I had a gig ( Union Shop FOH ) and the sound man asked me to be patient because he was dyslexic,..........I thought that's absurd, he shouldn't have this job, how can he respond to the cues? I finally lost my patince with his bull shit and settled it the Scope4live way....I said please, here's a ten spot for a bottle later, and now put me on channel 11 and shut the fuck up.

Ahhh. Time to go jam again.

Anyway Brotha' Man Shroomz., when I figure out why this GUI and UI are so appealing I will let you know.

Thanks Again.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Neutron, thanks!
There's no rush on the testing atm, so I'll send it over to you anyway. If you get time fine, if not, no worries.

JimmyV, would it help if I typed the parameter names on the RHS backwards? :D ..You're right though, it IS different, but not just visually imo. :cool:

cheers,
Mark
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

reminds me how dinky eveyones screens were when i was doing synths, those are so hard to use now, because the interfaces look so tiny
they need to be shroomified..
Funny thing is i have max 2008 and vray license, which i can transfer to home on the weekend, i never even thought of making some nice shroomy knobs :)
part of my work as a "render wrangler" is doing maxscripts, maybe ill make one for knobs!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I reckon you could make some cool scripts for knobs in max, but they certainly wouldn't involve modelling, resizing or space orientation unless you were willing to accept a reasonable margin of error. TBH, it's not that time consuming outside modelling anyway, since you can use a base/default project with your desired lighting time & time again. ... oops.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Shroomz,

I even like the way you talk.............I reckon ?.... Never thought I'd live to hear a Scot tallkin' like a Cowboy. :lol: I welcome it. :wink: And I welcome this ingenious filtering device.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:)

Just sent a download link to all those who PM'd me about testing this.

Mark
dawman

Post by dawman »

Any good suggestions on which device would work best plugged into the L & R EF's?
wayne

Post by wayne »

I'll have a go, shroomz - looks like a more intricate Interpole, which is a great idea.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Any good suggestions on which device would work best plugged into the L & R EF's?
Those testing the first beta can forget about the Envelope Followers. I'm ditching & replacing them with something else. The changes will be in the next beta release.

Wayne, it's really a completely different type of device to Interpole, both in terms of sound & uses. Check your PM's though. :wink:

cheers,
Mark