Using Script (PEP) Files?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Using Script (PEP) Files?

Post by Refrochia »

Does anybody know how to do this?

I cant seem to figure a way. They cant be dragged into either the project window or explorer

Is it even possible to use them in the SDK?

The higher beings amongst us must have some idea (J. Bowen, Warp, Red Muze).

Please PM if you dont want this discussed in public.

Thanks
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
irrelevance

Re: Using Script (PEP) Files?

Post by irrelevance »

Acording to the DP Manual the ScopeScript is a host run routine(ie cpu) for processing async control data and managing routings on the dsp's. The script files are written to run specific routines relating to the data mentioned above so to answer your question I beleive they are already being used.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

So the PEP files can only be edited with the full DP system but not with the SDK ?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

HUROLURA wrote:So the PEP files can only be edited with the full DP system but not with the SDK ?
Possibly. It soon becomes obvious that the manual references a different software build to the SDK 4.0 but there isn't any mention as to how these scripts would be written/compiled other than mentioning that it is a Java like language. Scopedll's however could be written in any C++ SDK.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Wow - 2 months after posting this topic and I finally get some replies!

Thanks guys! :)

The thing is Irrelevence, im not trying to edit or compile the script files. Im just trying to use them. Let me explain:

I am trying to create a drum machine that, for the hats and clap, uses samples. As far as I can tell, (correct me if im wrong) its not possible to use either the modules or the atoms for this purpose.

I got hold of the old Akai sample player device which opens in SDK. When you open it, you can see listed in the project explorer, a number of the script files that are used for the loading / storing of the sample. These script files are located within the SDK\App\Script folder but I have found no way of incorporating them into my project. The fact that these cant be used in the same way as the modules and atoms makes me think they are locked out in the SDK (although many people have stated that the SDK has more features than DP).

Cheers.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

I'll have a look at the module in question as I've not come across script files loaded in the explorer. My heads been wrapped up in midi for the past few days :-? The simplest things have been eluding me and every night I think to myself 'will I ever get this?' Decided to delve in this morning before work and had a mini breakthrough moment 8) so there is progress :D
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

The only reason you can't see the script files in that sample player at Circuit level is because the GOs have been deleted from the project for protection as you'd do with a device of your own. They were originally there as circuit level modules in the project. Don't take my word on that though, because I'd need to have a look, but can't atm.