saving midi cc's in project

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jah Servant

saving midi cc's in project

Post by Jah Servant »

I'm having problems getting midi cc's to save within a project. I always have to load the midi controller preset for any devices I have made, it's a small thing but I'd like it to save in the project. thanks for any help
spacef

Post by spacef »

This is strange question because if it saves in presets, then it should save in projects too ... no ?
There is an absolute rule i discovered though :
- don't connect several graphics together. it bugs midi cc functions.

Also try to see if connecting a controller pad between the pot/fader changes something (eventhough, if your CC work fine in midi-cc-presets, there should no need for this).

that's it i think.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hey Mehdi, did FrancisHarmany contact you about this earlier today? :cool:

I've had feedback reports of this problem, but I think the reports must refer to the fact that my devices don't recall midi CC assignments automatically without using the midi-CC-presets (which is something that stock CW effects can do - IE you don't need to save a midi controller preset for them to recall the CC assignments). My devices DO seem to work fine here with midi-CC-presets though (whether inserted or standalone).

Another issue I noticed when comparing my insert FX to stock CW ones is that mine don't pass the midi CC data out of the inserted effect & on to it's host's midi output (whether I put midi I/Os on the insert effect or not).
spacef

Post by spacef »

nope, noone contacted me about anything 8)
By the way, have you checked the project checkbox in the "module's preset parameters" : i rememeber i ran into something weird once by changing some options, but it was a long time ago and don't rememeber quite well , it could be something else.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Yeah, I've got all those checkboxes checked apart from the Noah-related 'default' one.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I checked and just tried quickly with a mix module made of sdk modules only, insert fx "shell" and all is fine. It recalls midi cc on project reload with or without a preset list.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Shroomz~> wrote:Yeah, I've got all those checkboxes checked apart from the Noah-related 'default' one.
try to go back to default by unchecking all RS and SS .
may be it doesn't change anything, just to try...
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

it's strange because when you reload the project and open the midi assignment it shows the controls assigned, but when you then open the controller settings it isn't there.
I tried connecting my controls directly to pads instead of to the other controls and that doesn't seem to help either. I unchecked and rechecked all the boxes too but it didn't make any difference.