Using samples in SDK

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Using samples in SDK

Post by Refrochia »

Does anybody know how to go about using samples in devices built with SDK?

I've looked at a load of modules and atoms but there doesnt seem to be anything that will allow the use of samples (as far as I can tell).

Cant find anything on here either apart a post that mentions its not possible...

I hope thats not the case.

Im building a drum machine based on one of my favourite drum machines and the hats, clap and cymbal is sample based.

The main voices are done - just need to crack the samples and synced delay

Any help appreciated!
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
bosone

Post by bosone »

try to look here
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24475

you can use modular's moudules for that...
it's certainly not the most beautiful solution, but it works....
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Thanks for the reply Bosone.

I was aware that Modular modules could be used but wanted to avoid this if possible due to the fact that not everybody has either Modular 2 or 3.

If this is the only way that i'll be able to use samples in this device then so be it but I would prefer not to.

Ive seen there are a couple of atoms that have an input called filename such as the playback DLL atom but there doesnt seem to be an atom that is the equivalent of the modular sample pool module so not quite sure what would go into the filename input.

Anybody else got any suggestions?

Im guessing this is why we havent seen any SDK samplers being created?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Maybe you should have a look at the wav_oszi.pc dsp module ...

my 2 cents.