NDA

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

NDA

Post by Refrochia »

Does anybody have an electronic copy of the NDA? Ive moved house 4 times since receiving it and not quite sure were I stored it.

The reason I ask relates to creating devices that emulate hardware. Did they specify any restrictions regarding this in order to limit any possible legal action from the companies that have been copied?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

i`m not sure, but if you copy a synth layout, I think its you that gets into trouble..

I mean if you copy a dedicated synth as vst, its not steinberg that gets into trouble for delivering the VST interface.

If you distribute it through SC, it may be different. I think thats why Juno is UKNOW and Prophet was Profit and now pro-12 and odyssey is Prodyssey. :lol:

not sure on this, I may be wrong.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Your example makes sense and thats what I thought but you never know in this crazy world! I asked because of issues a while back over peer 2 peer sites getting done (cant remember how that ended up?).

When you say synth layout, I presume your referring to the GUI? Dang - just have to make sure it dont look too similar.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

exactly .

what are you working at ? :D