Midi Drum Voice control

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Midi Drum Voice control

Post by Refrochia »

Can anybody tell me how this module works?

It looks simple: Has the Midi Input and also a Midi Note input along with mute. Im presuming the gate will only output when the Midi input recieves the same note as the Midi note input?

What value should be put in the Midi note input for it to trigger? If for example, I want C3 to trigger then what is the value that needs to be input? Is there a way for working this out for the other notes?

Thanks
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

the key text automatically shows the note, you just need a knob that goes from 0 to 127.

so when you input note 60 it will show c3

what i did so i wouldnt have to adjust each one was to use a int adder with the note in from the previous module on one input, a "1" on the other and the output going to the next higher one.

then delete the knob and everything except the key text. (it might not be called key text my scope machine is off right now, its one of the text controls that works with key names)

that way you just change the lowest note and all the others will follow along.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Cheers Neutron

I had tried that that though - connecting a text field, setting it to C3 so it fed a value of 60 into the voice but still nothing.

At work at the moment but will check this out again tonight - good to know I wasnt barking up the wrong tree. :)
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

well you have to use note text, or if you use a regular one just put 60 in
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Neutron - when do you sleep? :lol:

It was note text but it was at the end of a session just before I went to bed so was probably tired and not thinking straight. I shall report back this evening after further investigations.

Also, can anybody recommend any reading material about creating a BPM synced delay? Preferably for a complete noob!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

hahaha. smarty pants.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

:-? Hmmm

It appears I was right last night - I cant get the drum voice to work.

Ive got the Midi plugged in and the note number set to 60. The drum voice has the gate out plugged into the AD Vintage EG which then goes into the exponential attenuator along with the sound source.

Nothing complex really, its all straightforward but it doesnt work!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

did you plug the esync thing from the EG back in to the voice control? they never work without that.
Last edited by Neutron on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's the esync connection that's the issue.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

2 options:-

1 - connect the EG ESYN output to the DVC ESYN input.
2 - connect the DVC gate out directly to the DVC ESYN input.

Where more than one EG is in use, you can use ESync adders or where prefferable, use step 2 above.

There are other options involving the Gate ESync module.

Use whatever method works best for your particular situation.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Tried both those options with the DVC 1 E before and still couldnt get it working - just double checked - same result.

Also the DVC1 doesnt have esync and that doesnt work either so dont think its esync. Do I need to do anything with the mutes? Presuming its not muted by default upon loading?

The DVC is rcvg MIDI but doesnt seem to be outputting anything whether the specified note is input or not.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Refrochia wrote:Tried both those options with the DVC 1 E before and still couldnt get it working - just double checked - same result.

Also the DVC1 doesnt have esync and that doesnt work either so dont think its esync. Do I need to do anything with the mutes? Presuming its not muted by default upon loading?

The DVC is rcvg MIDI but doesnt seem to be outputting anything whether the specified note is input or not.
ill check it tonight.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Check your PMs refrochia
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Try loading the MIDI Drum Voice Control module via your sdk FileBrowser window from the 'Circuit Design/Voice Controls' folder instead of loading the basic atom from the 'DSPModuleList' window.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Brilliant Shroomz cheers

What a fool for not loading it from there in the first place. Works straight off! Wonder why the atom doesnt work though? Never mind.

Should be able to make some more progress tomorrow on my day off - great.

Thanks again Shroomz - U too Neutron
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

No worries. Glad your all go now. :)

Not sure what the issue with the lower level DVCs is atm, because it's a few months since we were working with DVCs here. We'd need to look into it again.