HOW TO ... PresetList building instructions.

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

voidar

Re: HOW TO ... PresetList building instructions.

Post by voidar »

Shroomz~> wrote: 15. Connect the presetlist button 'val' parameter on your device surface panel to the PresetList 'show' parameter.
I had some problems with this. If I chose this procedure, right-clicking on the device would let me choose a nil-referenced "SurfaceInterface".

With a created PresetList, there should now be two SurfaceInterface entries directly under the device tree. One of them is for the surface panel and the other one is for the preset browser. You can easily find out which is which though the last one in the tree is usually the one you want.

Find the 'AddShow' value and store->connect it to 'val' of presetlist button on device surface panel.

Whenever you right-click device, it will now correctly show option for opening "Panel" or "PresetBrowser".
Shroomz~>

Re: HOW TO ... PresetList building instructions.

Post by Shroomz~> »

I can't check out the nil reference error you mention until I've got access to the sdk again, which won't be for a while (weeks, months - I don't know). Yes, the preset list SurfaceInterface is normally the bottom one.

cheers,
Mark